Date Added using file date not being imported properly...

Lumute
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Lumute

Hi,

I am trying to move from a Kodi with MySQL setup to Emby + Kodi. I actually want to re-scrape my whole library but two things I do not want to lose is the added date and watched status.

Putting watched status aside, I'm unable to make Emby use the proper added date. Emby is setup to "Use File Creation Date" yet it brings the file with Today's date as Date Added. The funniest thing: if I go to Manage Metatdata and refresh then the date added changes to Tomorrow... lol...

My folders currently only contain the actual video file and maybe a subtitles file, nothing more. I even tried to add a .nfo file with just <playcount> and <dateadded> and the watched status is coming in correctly but date added continues to show Today's date...

I'm using Emby 3.0.5675.1 on a Windows 2012 R2 server and library on the local file system...

Could this be a bug? or what could I be doing wrong?

Thanks,

G

Edited by Lumute

maybe you have some metadata files that already have the added value. or maybe in your log you have some errors about not being able to read the date stamp of the file

Lumute

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am currently just testing with a couple of movies in a library folder, so I'm sure there is noting else than the two folders and video files. But at this point I have tried so many things that maybe Emby has this metadata cached somewhere?

Between every attempt, I move the folders somewhere else, go to Library and Scan Library to remove the movies from it. Delete all files in the folders that Emby created including the .nfo and leave only the video file, then move it back and scan again and check the result... Is this the right way of doing it? or is there any way to clear / reset the Emby Library in between attempts? I could not find any way to do that...

I'll check the logs for errors.

Edited by Lumute

Lumute

Ok, i triple checked my settings and tried again, this time with a different movie that have not used before to make sure it does not have any metadata cached or something, same thing, it loaded it with tomorrows date in the Date Added...

I restarted the Emby service before trying to have a clean log, I see a couple of errors but they do not seem related to this problem... not sure... I attached the log file, maybe you guys see something I'm not seeing?

server-63573801500.txt

• Solution

and what do the dates say in windows explorer? can you post a screenshot?

• Like 1

Lumute

Ok, i feel really stupid now:

I copied these movies to test from my real library folder and windows leaves the original date in the "Date Modified" which is what is displayed in windows explorer by default but the created date was actually changed to today and this is what Emby reads, which clearly says in the setting... lol...

Thanks a lot Luke for the patience, if you had not asked for that screenshot I would not have noticed that...

There is still something funny there about displaying tomorrows date but that may be related to a TimeZone issue.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I hate to dredge up an old topic, but this exact thing is happening when I upgrade episodes using Sonarr. I have Sonarr adjust the file creation date to 'air date', but this is really just the 'date modified' field. Kodi populates the 'recently added' list based on the modification date of the file but since Emby is looking at the 'file creation date' this gets ignored so the list is populated incorrectly. Is there a setting or anything that I'm missing that would change the date added behavior to 'date modified' instead?

Version 3.0.5724.3

At the moment, no, unless you can have Sonarr populate the Added field in your nfo file. Something to consider for the future I guess.

It looks like Sonarr does create the dateadded field as you'd expect:

<dateadded>2015-09-10 01:43:15</dateadded>
  <aired>2014-07-17</aired>

I can't find a setting to change dateadded to aired, is that possible with Emby? I think that would probably fix my 'issue' and I could ditch MySQL finally.