Kodi on Vu+ satellite receivers

Lee

I've just bought a vu+ solo2 apparently you can install kodi on it.. Anyone with any experience of that and will all the skins and plugins work with it if so..? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!!

im85288

Just so happens I've had one of them for a couple of years and the Kodi experience when I last tested was beyond awful. My solo 2 now sits there doing nothing at all and has been replaced by a Moi+ (built in tvheadend Server, network tuner)..which serves multiple Kodi htpcs.

Anyway share your experiences, maybe the newer Kodi versions for it are better.

e123enitan

I have one sitting helplessly, it is hard to get it to function for USA channels (Dish Network) if anyone have working on USA network pls share your experience, although it works for FTA. In the mean time, I have moved on to TBS 6895+DVBviewer still in the impelementation stage share your experience if you have TBS+DVBviewer up and running.

Just put my tbs 6984 up for sale! Worked flawlessly with wmc or dvbviewer... Hopefully the xbmc kodi implementation has come on a bit!!!

@@im85288 black hole images have xbmc baked in now although it's only Gotham.. Was that the experience before??

im85288

No, it was a couple of years ago using plugins. Everything failed and navigation was painfully slow. I took the decision to go fully Kodi (once they started supporting PVR) and really love the moi+, solo 2 was great but I just wanted everything in one device.

• Like 1

I'll report back once I get the unit home. Be a few weeks (divorce-messy!)

• 4 weeks later...

@@im85288 i'm finally home and had a play with the vuplus solo 2. xbmc runs perfectly AND quickly only problem being its gotham... so emby plugins fail. i'd say once the kodi update drops it'll definitely be worth a look!

• 1 year later...

The Vu+ plugin has been updated with a new configuration screen to match the look and feel of the rest of Emby Server. I think you'll find it much more enjoyable to use and configure now. Thanks.