Migrating from myqsl

enliqhtened

enliqhtened

So windows 10 came out and I use flexraid and MySQL with network storage. Which has now been broken because the network storage is unassailable out side the local host. And Flexraid isn't looking to fix it any time soon. I've been wanting to move to emby for awhile now but have put it off due to time and learning how to use it. So a few problem I've ran into are

1. Emby is not picking up all my artwork and I can't figure out how to do a mass update of all metadata.
  2. Sets in kodi where just <set></set> and I've spent a lot of time creating my own sets using that tag. Like having all of the Disney channel original movies under one set. Emby uses collection number. I've figured out the boxset plugin a little. Even the boxsets that work in emby don't show up in Kodi.
  3. Watch status isn't being imported. 
  4. Actor thumbs don't show up in kodi.

This is all for now as I had to stop scanning and just add movies because the scan was taking so long and I wanted to see how it was going to work out. Going to leave it run all night for the rest of my collection. But so far about 90% of my shows that have imported are missing art and episode nfo. Even though it's all in the folders. So I'm going to stop pulling my hair out and get some sleep. I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've spent so much time on MySQL and kodi getting all the artwork and nfo correct. It just seems like that was all for nothing and that I'm going to have to re scrap everything.

Edited by enliqhtened

Lumute

I am too moving from Kodi with MySQL and having my own similar issues... I do not want to hijack your thread so all I'll say is that I figured out how to bring the watched status: Make sure your nfo has the <playcount> in it then go to Emby in Metadata / Nfo then look for "Sync user watch data to nfo's for:" and set it up to the user you want the watched status imported to...

Also, for what I have read here in the forums, after you have imported all your library and if using the Kodi Add-On, set this field to nothing as the Add-On will take care of synchronizing the watched status and this setting may cause trouble with that...

enliqhtened

This is taking way to long. Over night it crashed twice while scanning. I'm only getting 1% an hour in the scan. I've turned off download metadata. I've removed all but one show. It showed up in tv view with no metadata or artwork. But my library scan is still going maybe 1% every few mins. This is really unusable. I though this was going to be great like plex+xbmc. But it looks like none of my metadata works. My library is to large for a scan. None of my sets info was imported. And of the new boxsets that were created none show up in kodi.

saitoh183

This is taking way to long. Over night it crashed twice while scanning. I'm only getting 1% an hour in the scan. I've turned off download metadata. I've removed all but one show. It showed up in tv view with no metadata or artwork. But my library scan is still going maybe 1% every few mins. This is really unusable. I though this was going to be great like plex+xbmc. But it looks like none of my metadata works. My library is to large for a scan. None of my sets info was imported. And of the new boxsets that were created none show up in kodi.

@@enliqhtened

im a bit confused on your problem...are you talking about the scan into Emby server or the scan of the Emby for Kodi add-on in Kodi?

Edited by saitoh183

enliqhtened

@@enliqhtened

im a bit confused on your problem...are you talking about the scan into Emby server or the scan of the Emby for Kodi add-on in Kodi?

The first scan into Emby server.

enliqhtened

I've reverted my main pc running flexraid back to windows 8.1 for now. Switching to emby isn't as easy as I thought. So I'll work on it when I have time. For now all my HTPC can run off MySQL. 

I've reverted my main pc running flexraid back to windows 8.1 for now. Switching to emby isn't as easy as I thought. So I'll work on it when I have time. For now all my HTPC can run off MySQL. 

What's not so easy?

enliqhtened

What's not so easy?

I'm not sure. Maybe it's a problem with flexraid on windows 10. Now that I'm back on windows 8.1 the first scan is going faster. And now almost all of my artwork and metadata is being added. But still box sets aren't showing in kodi. A way to import kodi sets into emby would be nice. After I get emby working on it's own then I'll add it to kodi.

Angelblue05

It should already import boxsets. Do you have the option to group into sets enabled in Kodi? Are they grouped in Emby webclient? If not, then you need to enable the option in your user preferences via your webclient, click on your portrait > Settings > General tab > Enable group movies into collections. You might have to reset rescan your library into Kodi again for it to take effect (via launching the emby add-on in Kodi).

Let us know. 

enliqhtened

It should already import boxsets. Do you have the option to group into sets enabled in Kodi? Are they grouped in Emby webclient? If not, then you need to enable the option in your user preferences via your webclient, click on your portrait > Settings > General tab > Enable group movies into collections. You might have to reset rescan your library into Kodi again for it to take effect (via launching the emby add-on in Kodi).

Let us know. 

I have that setting on. But It looks like I need to rescrap to get the collection ID. Instead of the set name Kodi uses.

FlexRAID doesn't support Win10 (officially) yet:

http://forum.flexraid.com/index.php/topic,4960.msg30001.html#msg30001

Apparently they are waiting for it to "stabilize" for a month before fixing issues. I was curious about it but I have a small collection so a simple mirror is all I need ATM.

Yes network access isn't working. But local was. I could get it to run with removable set to true. I tried a bunch of fixes since it seems to be a windows 10 problem and not just flexraid. Windows 10 seems to have changed network authentication. 

saitoh183

FlexRAID doesn't support Win10 (officially) yet:

http://forum.flexraid.com/index.php/topic,4960.msg30001.html#msg30001

Apparently they are waiting for it to "stabilize" for a month before fixing issues. I was curious about it but I have a small collection so a simple mirror is all I need ATM.

This is why I'm happy I didn't go with flexraid pooling and only used the snapshot raid. I have yet to try stablebit drivepool but I will do all this in a vm.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

enliqhtened

This is why I'm happy I didn't go with flexraid pooling and only used the snapshot raid. I have yet to try stablebit drivepool but I will do all this in a vm.

From the post I read it seems all pooling raid seems to be affected. If I had a separate server for storage I wouldn't have this problem. But what started as gaming pc has turned into a server. Every time I have some extra cash I think new hdd over hardware.

• Like 1

saitoh183

From the post I read it seems all pooling raid seems to be affected. If I had a separate server for storage I wouldn't have this problem. But what started as gaming pc has turned into a server. Every time I have some extra cash I think new hdd over hardware.

Yeah that is the same for me but from what I have read on drivepool forum, not many have ran into issues with 10 and access to the pool