Can't uninstall Emby

poppy10

poppy10

I am trying to uninstall Emby as I have a new dedicated server that I am using. But it won't uninstall - I get an error message when ever I try to uninstall through Programs and Features. Windows suggests using compatibility settings but that doesn't work either. If I directly run MediaBrowser.Uninstaller.exe it says "Please use Programs and Features to uninstall"

How do I get rid of this thing from my computer?

post-52500-0-11316900-1438211827_thumb.png

we put out a fix to the uninstaller. install from the website on top of your existing install, then proceed to uninstall

gaylenmichael

I cannot uninstall nor can I install the latest stable build.  I am stuck with a broken build of EMBY server installed on WS 2012 R2 Essentials. 

How can I manually remove EMBY Server so that I am starting from scratch?

I cannot uninstall nor can I install the latest stable build.  I am stuck with a broken build of EMBY server installed on WS 2012 R2 Essentials. 

How can I manually remove EMBY Server so that I am starting from scratch?

can you describe your problem in more detail?

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
nbakken81

I have the same exact issue. I was out of town for 2 weeks, and when I returned, emby won't start, can't install over current installation, can't install thru uninstaller.exe or thru the control panel. Also, now within the emby system folder is what I'm assuming is a new folder labeled System.old. It's like it failed during an update, and then corrupted everything. Windows 8.1 and most recent stable build as of August 6. Please advice.