A bug with the delete file option

moryoav

moryoav

I enabled the "suggest to delete a file after it is watched" option in the Emby/Kodi plugin. I then realized that after watching an episode, the message with this question pops up, but then - a millisecond later, I get the message from Trakt plugin to rate the episode. The Trakt rating screen closes the Emby delete question, so before you have a chance to answer if you want to delete the file or not, the screen closes.

So the Emby screen needs to be a little more persistent and stay on screen, if that's possible, or perhaps Emby should include a self-sustained option to rate episodes on Trakt? Just a thought.

Anyhow, right now, with Trakt plugin installed, the option to delete a file after it is watched can not be used at all.

Thank you for a great software!

xnappo

@@ebr @@Luis - is there an API into our Trakt plugin we could use for ratings?

Edited by xnappo

moryoav

I think I found the problem in line 87 here:

https://github.com/trakt/script.trakt/blob/master/rating.py

Indeed, the it seems the Trakt plugin just closes all other windows before it starts.

I don't know much about python, but is there a way for the Emby modal window to *wait* for a response, so the Trakt plugin won't start running until the Emby window is closed?

badaas

Can you just not edit that line out of the .py and see what happens?

# xbmc.executebuiltin('Dialog.Close(all, true)')

moryoav

I tried that, so I marked the episode in Kodi as unwatched and then fast forwarded it so it'll count as watched again and I'll see if commenting that line works.

What happened was that now I only got the Trakt window and the Emby window didn't even show. I suspect that marking an episode as unwatched in Kodi doesn't update Emby?

@@ebr @@Luis - is there an API into our Trakt plugin we could use for ratings?

I doubt it.  We really need a dev to pick this plug-in back up.

moryoav

So I just tried watching an episode with the Trakt plugin disabled (I prefer deleting an episode over ranking it...). And after the episode was over it asked me if I want to delete the file, I chose yes and got an authorization error message and the Emby plugin asked me for my password again. I entered it, it told me Welcome (my username)!, I tried a different episode and got the same issue again. So at the end of the day I wasn't able to delete an episode even when Emby was the only one running...

xnappo

There is protection on the server you are hitting. 

On the server

Settings->Users-><User>->Allow Media Deletion