Cant delete show or get correct meta for it?

badaas

badaas

Ive deleted the show files off the server, tried to change metadata, rescan everything.

Wont budge?

Folder/files are no longer on the server .. :(

badaas

edit: nm, sorry was in the middle of a scan when i deleted it i think, went to folders and was just metadata it had rescanned, but still old data even though i had deleted the nfo files in all dirs and ensured correct ids for tvdb etc it still downloaded the wrong show.

The show is

Rescue Me (2004)

I end up with some anime thing which isnt good because of the images are a bit pr0n lol

• Like 1

ctrlaltdefeat

Bit of a hijack perhaps but,

I noticed anime being impossible to change metadata for, but I already reported this to the dev of the Anime plugin

Unsure what triggers it but when you manually change metadata for anime it'll change itself back to what it was before. Haven't been able to figure out what the trigger to this is.

Example:

2 folders, Aldnoah.Zero and Aldnoah.Zero (2015), same names used in the file names. 

Emby will make 2 seperate shows of this(which is correct), but will name both of them Aldnoah.Zero.

When I change the 2015 version to Aldnoah.Zero (2015), it'll change back to Aldnoah.Zero on its own.

Not sure if this is an issue with the Anime plugin(which I reported to the dev already) or with the server itself.
I have been unable to reproduce this with non-anime shows, but might have been too impatient when trying.

badaas

Yh, it just wont budge!

I've deleted everything, rescanned.

Moved back said item, correct TVetc still get the anime which I know I will have to explain to the missus when she spots it, so just deleted whole show for now :P

Also, maybe be an idea not to rebuild the show dirs if they dont exist, as for the instance I just had.

Everything else is gravy, just to big up the devs! :D

For some reason, that particular show just won't get the correct TVDB id when using the Identify function, even if you pick the right show. This is what worked for me to fix it though:

In the Emby Metadata Manager for that show, replace TheTVDB id with the correct id (73741) and hit save.

Then click the triple-dot button next to Identify and choose Advanced Refresh.

Make sure to change "Download missing images" to "Replace existing images" and then hit OK.

badaas

For some reason, that particular show just won't get the correct TVDB id when using the Identify function, even if you pick the right show. This is what worked for me to fix it though:

In the Emby Metadata Manager for that show, replace TheTVDB id with the correct id (73741) and hit save.

Then click the triple-dot button next to Identify and choose Advanced Refresh.

Make sure to change "Download missing images" to "Replace existing images" and then hit OK.

Im sure i did that, but will retry now to test.

badaas

Ok, at last. That got it. I must have been panicking around and deleting dirs while it was still stuck refreshing and hence old infos.

But why it didnt change the infos using 'Identify' and then an advanced refresh is a mystery.

Thanks for help.

Yeah, something is definitely off with Identify in this case. Maybe bad cross-links in TheMovieDB or ?