Wii U browser

djsaga18

Latchmor

I think you'll need to give us a bit more info than that  :)

See my signature for how to report a problem.

djsaga18

I know im probably one of the only few people that actually uses the wii u to view emby. but i have used it for a long time and after some updates on the website.

now the website will not displays properly,   

FrostByte

The browser built into some of the Samsung TVs no longer works with Emby either.  All you get is the grey background.  Luke looked at the logs for my Samsung, but not sure what the latest is.  Could use a description of what you're seeing (maybe a pic) and the logs as Latchmor mentioned above

FrostByte

My Samsung is a 2013 (F series model).  The dashboard recognizes it as using Safari web browser. 

djsaga18

Hi Latchmor

My server Version is 3.0.5675.1

the Emby server pick up the Wii u browser as Safari 0

when i log in to emby in the Wii u, the icons are not arrange properly,

as you can see in the image below, when i click on movie it highlight the user icon.

i have to use the D-pad to move around.

but once i get to the movie im not able to see the play button

55b7c72f3b9f2_07281521102PM.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
djsaga18

Hi Luke

im able to navigate, log in and select certain section, but i have not been able to play any videos. and is hard to log in and navigate around

• 2 weeks later...

The same issues appear on a BlackBerry playbook & BlackBerry Passport big icons.

impossible to navigate (see posts in BB thread)

Well, this is the price we pay for moving forward with newer technologies in the web client. The primitive browsers such as these get left behind. Luckily for you guys, we are working on a new app for TV use that will target these kinds of older browsers. if one of you would like to get in on the testing, then I'll add you, but you just have to be aware that it is not a usable app right now, so you're going to have to be willing to commit to a few weeks of repetitive testing to help get it released.

• Like 2

Hey, I'd be glad to contribute to testing.  For this particular issue I have a Wii U that I have effected.  Let me know how I can help :-).  I also have a developer background (front-end and back) if you need any assistance anywhere.

• Like 1

Ok, just to reconfirm, this is testing for the long haul. there's nothing usable right now. so if that's ok, let me know and i'll add you to the group.

• 8 months later...
cherold

Hi, I just installed emby in hopes it would work (plex has suddenly stopped working for me) and came upon this thread. There is a workaround. The issue is that emby is using Safari as the user agent for Wii U, and that's a bad interface. You can change the interface to something else. Go to the Wii U browser settings and change the user agent. I'm using Android - Tablet which seems to work okay.

Seems to only play sound through MP4 files and seems to only recognize series if they're in their own folders, so I would still be better off if I could figure out how to get Plex to work again. But it's something.