Phrase "Severity"

Tranquil

Tranquil

Hello Devs.

I'm currently translating the latest Server/ Android Mobile TV phrases into the German language.

Whats meant with "Severity"? Kind of priority? Can you pls post an example?

I can't speak for the devs, but generally Severity is generally a term used when logging errors. So, you can have Debug log messages that will show up when you select "debug logging" but won't when you select a different level such as Error. Something that is "Info Severity" means that it is just an informational bit of logging. Since "severe" and "severity" have a negative connotation (people tend to think "bad") sometimes severity only refers to how bad an error is. So, from Warning to Critical Error below.

Typically from most verbose (generates the most responses to the logs) to least:

Trace

Debug

Info

Warning

Error

Critical Error

AFAIK, there are Info entries in my log, so I suspect that is the default severity and various components have "enable debug logging" so I believe that is the other common choice. From my logs:

2015-07-26 09:50:23.5312 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/MB3ServerNotifications.json
2015-07-26 09:50:23.5312 Error - App: Error getting response from http://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/MB3ServerNotifications.json

So, the Info line tells me that Emby is trying to connect to get notifications. The Error line tells me there was a problem (FYI - the name mb3admin.com couldn't be resolved in DNS). If I had my logging set to Warning or Error, the Info line would not appear.

Tranquil

Hi Raff.

Thank you for your answer, you are right!.

In that case, I don't think that Severity has something to do with the debug log. (in common, debug logs are not translated and are English only as these are often forwarded to the devs)

I think it will be used for new TV-Tuner features in MBS and still dont know how to translate it. I left it blank in onesky app.

Feel free to post screen captures of where it appears, and I or another member of the community can probably describe it for you. I'm a big fan of both Emby and internationalization - so let me know what I can do to help.