No reaction on Philips TV remote buttons

monkeyman

monkeyman

I was looking for Twonky server replacement (it streams movies too slow) and found Emby. I love, how it looks and its features, but I can't use it for now due to couple pretty weird issues.

I have a Philips TV and using Emby to stream movies to it. I can browse library and start/stop any movie, but absolutely can't pause, fast forward or rewind. There's no reaction at all, movie just plays untill I hit Stop. I've never seen anything like this, all other media servers I tried worked perfectly with my RC buttons.

Am I missing something?

P.S.: I'm using Emby 3.0.5675.1 with Windows 10.

Edited by monkeyman

monkeyman

Any help on this issue? I barely can use Emby right now, since there's no way to even pause or stop and rewind the movie. I can only sit and watch it from the beginning to the end.

I'd love to get this fixed i just don't have equipment to test with. do you know if it's happening when it's direct playing video, transcoding, or both? i would see if you can find some patterns we can identify.

monkeyman

I'm a bit new to your media server, but I guess, this was transcoded mode. How can I tell this exactly?

Just tried to play movie with default Windows Media Server - all buttons work good.

Do you need logs for this? Tell me, how to properly test it and I'll do it.

We don't catch anything. What i think is happening is the tv sees some characteristics about the video and it decides on it's own to disable the buttons. see if you can reproduce this with direct playing.

if you grab this sample mp4 it should direct play without transcoding

http://techslides.com/sample-webm-ogg-and-mp4-video-files-for-html5

monkeyman

Tested. All buttons work as expected. So, I guess, it's related to transcoded video.

Any chance to fix this?

well, we have to figure out why the player doesn't like the transcoded video. unfortunately i don't have a philips to test with. maybe a knowledgeable community member with one will come forward and help out. also if you can find profiles from whatever other server you previously used, i can try to convert it and see if that helps.

monkeyman

I've been using Twonky for the last couple years, but I have no idea, how to grab a profile from it. Or you can just give me some tool (if any) or test version of Emby and I'll test it on my Philips, if you wish.

• 2 months later...
vlaskivlaj

Hi,

I have Philips TV 47PFL7108. Previously I used Serviio DLNA Server, but since have had lot of problems with subtitles I changed to Emby.

For me everything is working fine except rewind options. When I press play after rewinding it brings to me movie start. Don't know if it's related but (when playing) duration of movie is not shown. On Serviiio this was working fine for same movies (transcoding was enabled).

Same bahaviour for .avi and .mp4 extensions. Rest didn't tested.

Also, I tried few movies with duration up to 25 mins. and rewind is working perfectly... (also during play I see duration of this movies).

So I can conclude issue is because of long movies (more than 30 min of duration)..

Do you have some tips & tricks how to make this working?

we have to figure out why the player doesn't like the transcoded video. unfortunately i don't have a philips to test with. maybe a knowledgeable community member with one will come forward and help out. also if you can find profiles from whatever other server you previously used, i can try to convert it and see if that helps.

monkeyman

we have to figure out why the player doesn't like the transcoded video. unfortunately i don't have a philips to test with. maybe a knowledgeable community member with one will come forward and help out. also if you can find profiles from whatever other server you previously used, i can try to convert it and see if that helps.

Well, I volunteered a long time ago right in this very topic and you didn't even answer. I can test, but I need to know, how to do this. I have two Philips TVs.