Emby for Kodi addon contstantly prompted for "Delete file on Emby Server"

MKANET

MKANET

Im getting prompted hundreds of times if I want to "Confirm Delete No | Yes" after restarting Kodi.  I tried a full db refresh; however, Kodi Isengard shortly afterwards becomes unresponsive then crashes.  Restarting Kodi, I get prompted for deleting files on Emby server (with no information as to why or what file).  It does this continuously.

Any way to avoid this?

MKANET

Version 1.1.13

I just installed the addon for the first time last night from the latest repository for the Emby Addon. It doesnt even tell me why or what I'm confirming to delete... If I hold down the ESC key to repeat hundreds of times, eventually this stops... but then, all my TV shows and Movies disappear from the Kodi library.

If I do a full database reset of the Emby addon (and reset back to default settings), it instantly tells me that Database rest is complete; and, Kodi is going to restart for changes to take effect. Instead Kodi just bangs away at the CPU around 3%... until I touch a key on the keyboard.. which then makes Kodi completely unresponsive, then crashes.

If I start Kodi after that crash (trying to do a full DB reset), it will quickly import all the correct TV shows and Movies; but then, shortly after playing back a TV show, I get endless "Confirm on Delete" prompt again.

I'd really appreciate any tips that would help me identify what's causing this in my Kodi log file.  I have no idea even what to look for.  Whatever it is, my setup is pretty basic.  It shouldn't be too much different than anyone else trying to get this to work.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by MKANET

xnappo

This is really weird  You might try manually deleting your database (userdata/Database/MyVideos#.db).  Make sure you do NOT have any video sources set up in Kodi.  Then do a reset again.

If that doesn't do it, we are going to need you to post a log.   I can't tell you what to look for, because I have no idea what could cause this. 

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

MKANET

Thanks.  I really do appreciate the support.  You guys are great!  I'll be sure to post a log if the manual delete doesn't do it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
rocketman10404

I've been fighting with this issue all morning, and think I've got the issue nailed down.  I tried many incremental changes, but deleting the .db files from userdata/Database didn't correct the issue.  In the end, removing a specific setting from my advancedsettings.xml finally resulted in a completed resync not following up with endless "Delete file" messages.  Here is the setting I had to remove:

<videolibrary>

<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>

</videolibrary>

Hope someone finds this helpful.

Edited by rocketman10404
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
MadibaJ

Hi I'm having this issue, I enabled the option in the over settings for a couple of days, realised I didn't like it and disabled it. Despite restarting etc the notification keeps appearing.

I can't seem to find the advanced settings file. Could you point me in the right direction.

MadibaJ

HI,

Log file attached. It should show the prompt at the end of a show. 

I've just double checked, the option is definitely disabled in the addon settings.

kodi.log

Angelblue05

@@MadibaJ

Just to be sure, the message you saw was: "Delete x from Emby server"? Because there's also regular Kodi messages for deletion in the event the item is not found, etc.

Do you get this issue on everything you playback? Let me know, thanks.

MadibaJ

That is correct. It is on anything I let playback right to the end. I haven't tried it with play list items. It only started a few days ago when I turned on the confirm delete on complete in the add on settings.

It's almost as if disabling the setting hasn't actually turned it off.

Angelblue05

If you want to manually check the settings, it will be in the %appdata\Roaming\Kodi\Userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.emby\settings.xml

Make sure the following are set to "false":

<setting id="offerDelete" value="false" />
    <setting id="offerDeleteMovies" value="false" />
    <setting id="offerDeleteTV" value="false" />

MadibaJ

<setting id="offerDelete" value="false" /> was set to false

<setting id="offerDeleteMovies" value="false" /> was set to true

<setting id="offerDeleteTV" value="false" was set to true

Worth noting that when disabling the offer delete the sub settings should first be turned off before turning off the master offer delete.

• Like 1

I just wanted to report back that I never figured out the cause of this. So, uninstalled the Kodi-emby addon.  Is there a way to see if the problem may be caused because of communications/permissions issues (and possibly reverting to using http instead of SMB network shares)?  It's just total guess.

xnappo

@@MKANET - do you have things not added by Emby for Kodi in your video database?  This will cause a problem.  Emby for Kodi requires that it is the only thing adding to the database - and it is best to start with an empty database.