How to control Media Player Classic - Home Cinema

glogrono
Go to solution Solved by AdrianW,

glogrono

Hi Everyone,

I've been using Emby for WMC for a very long time now for my media collection consisting entirely of Bluray ISO's. I've recently decided to make the move to MKV's and decided to go the route of setting Emby to use MPC-HC. The setup works great, but when Emby starts a movie through MPC-HC, I have no way to stop the movie so I can get back into Emby. I am using a Harmony Smart Remote, which emulates a Windows Media Center remote. I tried going into the "keys" settings on MPC-HC and tried different commands, but I cannot get anything to make the movie stop. The only thing that works is Play/Pause and advance fowards/backwards. Would anyone happen to know how I can get this to work? Any help is greatly appreciated.

First, why the external player?  If you install LAV the internal player will play most everything just fine.

glogrono

I chose the external player because after following the tutorials I found on here MKV's would bit stream audio on any application on my machine except Emby. I then found some posts that talked about MPC-HC with the Madvr filter to render the best picture and went with that. I would definitely prefer the internal player so I might try to just uninstall all filters and start from scratch. THough if anyone has a solution for my remote control question, I'll take that as well. Thanks for your suggestions so far.

• Solution
AdrianW

In the keys section of options you need to put MEDIA_STOP in the "App Command" column of the "Exit" command row.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

In the keys section of options you need to put MEDIA_STOP in the "App Command" column of the "Exit" command row.

I have done this to no effect. MPC-HC has just always worked for me but now it isn't.. Hmm..