Problem with invite

jvip

Hi,

I am new here and new to Emby, but I like what I have seen so far :)

But I have a problem with invite. Im trying to invite a person that have an account at Emby Connect. When I try to invite this person I get this respons: "There was an error processing the request. Please try again later" What can I do to fix this?

Pic: 

KZy3oX8.png

Thnx in advance!

/jvip

CBers

I think the Clips account is still awaiting VALIDATION.

Perhaps the user needs to respond to an email.

jvip-test

I think I found the problem... The person haven't validated his membership here yet... :)

Excactly CBers, thanx for the heads up! :) Im gonna grab my kid (Clips) by his ear when I meet him!  :angry:

Edited by jvip-test

• 2 weeks later...
daz_pp

I do have other problems with the invite. Nothing shows in teh gui. But looking at the logs I see this:

---

2015-07-18 14:15:11.1487 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: https://connect.mediabrowser.tv/service/user?nameOrEmail=xxxxx.xx%40hotmail.com
2015-07-18 14:15:31.1559 Error - App: Error getting response from https://connect.mediabrowser.tv/service/user?nameOrEmail=xxxxx.xx%40hotmail.com
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5675.0
Command line: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
The request was aborted: The request was canceled.
System.Net.WebException
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2015-07-18 14:15:31.1559 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
*** Error Report ***
Command line: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Application Path: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
System.Net.WebException
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2015-07-18 14:15:31.1559 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /Connect/Invite
*** Error Report ***
ServiceStack.HttpError
No Stack Trace Available
---

What can cause this? There are not much you can configure from what I can see

I do have other problems with the invite. Nothing shows in teh gui. But looking at the logs I see this:

---

2015-07-18 14:15:11.1487 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: https://connect.mediabrowser.tv/service/user?nameOrEmail=xxxxx.xx%40hotmail.com
2015-07-18 14:15:31.1559 Error - App: Error getting response from https://connect.mediabrowser.tv/service/user?nameOrEmail=xxxxx.xx%40hotmail.com
*** Error Report ***
System.Net.WebException

2015-07-18 14:15:31.1559 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase::Service Exception
*** Error Report ***
System.Net.WebException

2015-07-18 14:15:31.1559 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /Connect/Invite
*** Error Report ***
ServiceStack.HttpError
No Stack Trace Available
---

What can cause this? There are not much you can configure from what I can see

in your case it looks like it just timed out trying to reach our server.

daz_pp

in your case it looks like it just timed out trying to reach our server.

Well. This has never worked so there must be some problem. I also copied the link in my browser and all I get is a white page with nothing more. so the server responds with nothing.

Happy2Play

Just from a test I just did but, are you using an email the doesn't have a forum account?  If so that is the issue.

2015-07-18 16:28:32.6860 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: https://connect.mediabrowser.tv/service/user?nameOrEmail=xxxx@yahoo.com
2015-07-18 16:28:32.9512 Error - App: Error getting response from https://connect.mediabrowser.tv/service/user?nameOrEmail=xxxx@yahoo.com

daz_pp

Just from a test I just did but, are you using an email the doesn't have a forum account?  If so that is the issue.

2015-07-18 16:28:32.6860 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: https://connect.mediabrowser.tv/service/user?nameOrEmail=xxxx@yahoo.com

2015-07-18 16:28:32.9512 Error - App: Error getting response from https://connect.mediabrowser.tv/service/user?nameOrEmail=xxxx@yahoo.com

The person that I want to add created an account on Emby connect and also verified the email adress. I think that should be enough.

Happy2Play

So does it work with there forum name instead of email?

daz_pp

So does it work with there forum name instead of email?

Havn't tried as I don't know what username she used. I'll ask and check.

But it sounds far fetched. It should work with email. Otherwise whats the purpose to even have that option?

Happy2Play

It does work via email in every test.  It is just a matter of figuring out why it doesn't work for you.  But you could pm @@Abobader the email address to see if it in the system.

It does work via email in every test.  It is just a matter of figuring out why it doesn't work for you.  But you could pm @@Abobader the email address to see if it in the system.

Good day,

The account for Steffi (the one that daz_pp tried to invite) is fine, so that not the problem.

My best

Well. This has never worked so there must be some problem. I also copied the link in my browser and all I get is a white page with nothing more. so the server responds with nothing.

Pasting the url in a browser won't work.

Can you attach the entire log file instead of just that snippet?

daz_pp

Pasting the url in a browser won't work.

Can you attach the entire log file instead of just that snippet?

That is the entire log from what happen during the invite process.

That is the entire log from what happen during the invite process.

I don't see an entire log file attached anywhere.  Can you please point me to it.

daz_pp

I don't see an entire log file attached anywhere.  Can you please point me to it.

The snippet I pasted in the post is the whole log happening during the invite process.

Or do you wan the whole log from all that happens on the server even not during the invite process? 

To be able to catch this error I deleted all the previous logs 

daz_pp

Here is the log I have for now. 

I have done 3 invites so you could see exactly the same as I pasted before. And also some other non-interesting stuff that doesn't have anything to do with the invite process at all.

server-63572860800.txt

What that shows me is that you cannot get out to our servers for any request.

I suspect some sort of firewall or other anti-malware or security feature is blocking us.

daz_pp

What that shows me is that you cannot get out to our servers for any request.

I suspect some sort of firewall or other anti-malware or security feature is blocking us.

There is no blocking at all in the way. 

I use pfsense firewall and it's totally open for outgoing packets. No proxy or anything in the way.

Also the anti-virus I use does nothing with webtraffic/connections. 

Something is stopping it.

I just executed the query for that user and got back a valid response.

It is possible it is something outside your control, but I still suspect the local firewall or router.

The request is going over SSL.  Are you sure there isn't something additional with https you may not have checked?

daz_pp

The request is going over SSL.  Are you sure there isn't something additional with https you may not have checked?

Yes I am sure.

I set everything up myself. There is nothing on my end doing anything that could interfere with this. Atleast nothing that I control fully that does anything with this.

I try to set up everything as minimalistic as possible just to not have problems with anything.

There is actually not even anti virus installed on that server. Also windows firewall is shut off on the machine.

Edited by daz_pp

Also windows firewall is shut off on the machine.

We have had situations in the past where disabling Windows Firewall actually blocked items and re-enabling it and putting in the proper rules made it work properly.

daz_pp

We have had situations in the past where disabling Windows Firewall actually blocked items and re-enabling it and putting in the proper rules made it work properly.

I have never ever had those problems and that's why I disable it because I want full access.

I come from a background of white hat hacking so that part I know about.

I still would say the problem is somewhere between the server software here on my box and the one on your side.

I can do some packetcaptures of the invite traffic and see what exactly happens if you want.