Hide watched in recent lists

CBers

CBers

Is there a way of hiding played content in the latest lists (movies, TV episodes), without it hiding all watched content across the whole content?

It's possible in Emby apps, but it doesn't seem possible in the addon.

cgrey000

Almost certain this is a Kodi setting (as opposed to add-on). 

Also possible via a smart playlist, with criteria such as "newer than {x} days" AND "item = not watched"

I honestly can't remember which way I do it (not home to check ATM), but I know it's one of these - it bothered me enough also to figure it out at some point :)

Edited by cgrey000
  • Like 1

Deihmos

Do you mean the recently added widget ? Most skins by default will just show content that you didn't view but not the default skin. 

It has nothing do with the addon.

CBers

Do you mean the recently added widget ? Most skins by default will just show content that you didn't view but not the default skin.

It has nothing do with the addon.

Well anything gets that displays recent content.

So it's Kodi, not a skin or addon issue?

Deihmos

I assume you are using the default skin which doesn't offer much in customization. Just use another skin. In Artic Zeph which imo is the best skin available, recently added does not include watched movies or TV Shows. 

CBers

I've used AZ, but I thought it still did, but I will double-check.

cgrey000

Almost certain this is a Kodi setting (as opposed to add-on). 

Also possible via a smart playlist, with criteria such as "newer than {x} days" AND "item = not watched"

I honestly can't remember which way I do it (not home to check ATM), but I know it's one of these - it bothered me enough also to figure it out at some point :)

Sorry, my bad on this. Now that I'm home and checked, it is not a Kodi setting. It *is* a setting in the skin I am currently using (Titan), which is why I remember being able to toggle it. 

Definitely still easily done with a smart playlist as well, if your preferred skin doesn't have a similar option,