Direct Play, Streaming, Trancode Player/Server Induced...?

bret1958

bret1958

In trying to further trouble shoot playback issues, I get 3 different results.

Current Version stable server 3.0.5641.4

Current version Pushed Emby Theater 3.0.5651.20234

Player and or Server will do as Follows:

At random play the same movie in the manner below...

Trancode

Direct Play

Direct Stream

The same movie equivalent hardware doesn't matter what OS doesn't matter where the movie resides on a shared HD or the server itself.

I have already Uploaded server and player logs to no comments.

I can play the same movie on 3 machines at once and get 3 different results or one at a time all random

The movies are either MKV encoded DVD or Full copy Blu-Ray

MKV's are trans-coded with the same setting each time.

These are not WiFi devices they are hardwired pc's that have great throughput on a robust network.

I built up the hardware to have at least 3 pcs direct playing full copy  Blu-Rays at once.. That's the way it used to work..

BTW it can still be done using MPC-64 and loading up the movie. But who whats to do that...

Trancode will sometimes have maybe a 5% load on server same movie next time 100% or the next time direct play with 1%.

Transcode at ramdom will give up the clues and tell in the server window what it is up to.. how many Mbp, What CODEC ETC

Other times just says Tanscoding

I would just like to get handle on what to do or not to do so I can have some resemblance of consistent results... I understand everything is Beta.

Anyone have an idea... is this behavior the client or the server ?

The client will try to access the path directly at the time of playback. If it can't it will transcode

bret1958

is there a timing issue.. millseconds then it decides. something that can be increased on our end in the reg file or other.. the paths are good.

No it just uses a file.exists check. The path might be good for the server but check that it's good for these client

bret1958

Luke... I tracked down a few odd things that continue, I thank you for all the hard work, but it seems prudent just to wait tell the Theater rewrite gets released.

The paths all work from pc to pc server to pc.. pc to server

I think the server may not be reporting correctly but things are working well enough not to stress at this point. 

At least I have discovered a few workarounds and got Emby WMC as the last resort. so on we go

If I didn't have so many people dependent on the house theater I would do some more in depth investigation so now I just leave it be

This weekend I get to spend a few at the house and will see how a movie that is reporting as being transcoded looks on the screen.

post-751-0-20311700-1436423924_thumb.jpg

post-751-0-44987700-1436423993_thumb.jpg