Media Folder Images not updating

ryvanzandt

ryvanzandt

I was sorting some of my collection today and added my home videos. It generated the image for the home videos but then it wont let me change anything for any of my collection now. I can edit it under the metadata and it shows up there, but the media view does not update with the new primary images.

Seems like it was fine yesterday added a new Library node and added the image fine then. Running the latest beta release.

UPDATE

ok after some playing around. If you try to change the images from the metadata manager tab it doesn't work. Images show up there but don't load on the media view.

If you select edit from the media view and change the image from that screen that shows up it will update the image properly.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't the metadata manager work?

Edited by ryvanzandt

XiaNYdE

Having a similar problem since todays beta, images are being pulled in fine when i add a movie but i can't edit anything, if i click browse images or upload nothing happens, if i click the cloud icon to change an image nothing happens, i have been playing around with it and found if i close my browser, clear history then reload the webUI, i can change one image then it goes dead again, going to roll back to the previous release in the morning until this gets fixed, it's painfully slow using google images and manually changing everything.

Nothing has changed there in the metadata manager so any differences there are purely coincidental

XiaNYdE

coincidental or not luke, they are not working for me in the beta, i just rolled back and all is fine again, something got upset in there.

Happy2Play

What browser are you having this issue with?  I can't reproduce in Firefox 39.

ryvanzandt

I can edit individual movies or other items just fine. They main media folders is were my issue lies. If I enter from the metadata manager anything I change there does not carry over to the main media page. If I click on the any of the main media folder and select edit, it open the metadata manager page and I can then see the image the Emby created for that folder. I can edit upload image there and it will appear in the media view then. It does not then show up in the metadata manger view. Metadata manger view still is blank for images for the main media folders.

I can confirm what XiaNYdE says, I can only edit one media folder this way then a browser clear or close is required.

Using Chrome

Edited by ryvanzandt

Happy2Play

I can edit individual movies or other items just fine. They main media folders is were my issue lies. If I enter from the metadata manager anything I change there does not carry over to the main media page. If I click on the any of the main media folder and select edit, it open the metadata manager page and I can then see the image the Emby created for that folder. I can edit upload image there and it will appear in the media view then. It does not then show up in the metadata manger view. Metadata manger view still is blank for images for the main media folders.

I can confirm what XiaNYdE says, I can only edit one media folder this way then a browser clear or close is required.

Using Chrome

This is an old "Views" issue on where image are stored.  Each route takes you to a different path.  So as you have concluded you have to edit from home screen to get that image to display on home screen.

The one image edit has already been reported in Dev Area.

example path edit from home screen

559c230fdf18f_HomeScreen.png

Metadata manager path

559c2331591c5_metadatamanager.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

ryvanzandt

I see. Thanks. I had like eight different folders with images, I must have edited them all that way and didn't realize I did.

XiaNYdE

What browser are you having this issue with?  I can't reproduce in Firefox 39.

I seen your post that image edit issue has been reported in dev section maye, but to answer your question, i am using Waterfox 38.1 on Win 10 (build 10162) also tested it in Microsoft Spartan Edge and had the same issue.