Questions about separate movie folders, music, and login

hifiaudio2

hifiaudio2

1. I have a separate folder on Emby server for  kids movies and  kids TV folder that I would like separated in Kodi as well. Right now all of my movies and TV get lumped together under their respective headers in Kodi.  In Emby web view or Emby for ATV app I see them as separate folders.  How can I get them to show separately in Kodi?

2.  On a related note,  can Kodi ask me which Emby user I want to use upon startup?  I would like my kids to be able to start Kodi, select the kids login, and only see their content the their user has been allowed to see per Emby server rules. 

2. For MUSIC... I cannot get Emby music to display art screens like I can movies and TV. I can select music from a list and it does pull art, but no view selections, etc. I had set up music first without using Emby so maybe this issue is a remnant of that?  Music fully works as expected in Emby web view, so that end has been set up correctly.

Kodi Isengard RC1, Emby for Kodi latest Beta,  Arctic Zephyr custom -  on Nvidia Shield Android TV

Edited by hifiaudio2

Vidman

1. Depends on which skin you are using . I see you are using Arctic zephyr... This has been asked and answered many times in that skins thread in these forums if you care to search and read a little

Edit : I see it has been asked most recently by you... And answered there.

2. Setup the two users in kodi and for each kodi user setup the emby for kodi addon to use the corresponding emby user

Edited by Vidman

hifiaudio2

Yep I have everything working now how I want it to except for Music.  Upon selecting the music icon I am taken to a submenu with music add ons and add music...  as my choices.  I am wanting it to take me directly to an album art interface sourced from Emby,  just like movies and tv shows does.    Music is *working*  because I can play it from the iOS Kodi app,  so it can FIND all the art and play the songs,  its just not navigating how I need it to in the main interface. 

hifiaudio2

Not sure about that option.  You are saying it SHOULD be enabled, right?  That is in the general Kodi music options section,  correct? 

Edit - I checked it out but dont see a music library option.  Just a section called music library. 

Its possible that the music just doesnt work exactly the same as movies.  I have found that I can put the icon on music, press down on the remote, and get options to go straight to artists, albums, etc.  That all works properly and brings up artwork I can select on the next screen.  I had just thought that would be the default behavior if I just pressed on music, like it is if i just press on movies.  But this is fine....  Thanks for the assistance. 

Edited by hifiaudio2