Sync to Android phone / emby 14 day free trial

Schreini

Schreini

I'd like to try the sync feature to sync tv-shows to my android phone. But after a few days of trying to get one show synced I am still miserably failing.

1. I checked the Sync menu on the server. Ok, I need to have a supporter key or a 14 day free trial. But how do I get a trial key? Do I already have one which started automatically after installing the server? I am not able to figure out. Clicking the green learn more button does not provide any information about the trial key.

2. Next I went to my phone and tried to sync one episoded. Nothing happend. Then I tried to sync a whole show. Nothing. Back to the server. Oh look, there are some Sync jobs running. nice. But when will they download to my Phone? Will the only use Wifi, or also mobile Data? There is no option to configure and no help text, so I am scared this feature will use up all my mobile data.

3. A day later there are some transcoded episodes in the sync-folder I configured. But syncing again on my phone only creates new sync jobs on the server instead of actually downloading an episode. Mayby the episoded are already synced? I cant tell. Puting my phone into Flight mode and hitting play, but nothing happens.

As you probably can tell I am quite frustrated with the sync experience I had so far. I learned about emby a few days ago and was really excited. I installed the beta version on my synology DS 2014play local playback to emby for kodi works fine. But now all this excitement is gone.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated,

Thomas

It's still a fairly new feature and needs some time to develop. Expect to see it improve in future releases.

• 1 month later...

Just start using the feature and it will happen automatically. If you've already run it through and would like to try it again, send me a note and we can do that. Keep in mind as soon as the next server goes out in the coming days, an app update will also go out and it will include a number of sync improvements.