Filtering TV Shows

jschoen

jschoen

I finally just upgraded from MediaBrowser to Emby. Everything seems to be working, but I cannot seem to find the option to Filter TV Shows like I was able to with the Media Browser Roku App. I was wondering if I am just missing it or, is it not there?

Here is the link to post I made a while ago when it was MediaBrowser. 

Basiclally I just want the view to show me only the shows I have not watched yet.

Happy2Play

Not sure I follow.  That is what suggested and latest do.

Not entirely sure if it applies but in the users "My preferences" there is an option to "hide watched content from latest media".

559ac8066aacd_Hidewatched.jpg

jschoen

That is not really what I am looking for. Let me try to explain it better.

When you open the Roku emby app, and select TV (with library listed below) it brings you to a view of all your tv shows. 

Then press the * key on the remote and the first option is 'Filter By'. In the Media Browser version of the app there was an option added for 'Watched' so that if it would only show episodes/shows that had episodes that you had not completed watching yet.

Does that make sense? I don't think I am explaining this very well.

jschoen

Thanks I appreciate it. By the way Emby with docker is pretty amazing how is it is to get going.

• 2 months later...
Happy2Play

Just did a quick check and TV only has filter options for Continuing or Ended and Movies have option for Played and Unplayed. 

Official and Beta channnel

i think it makes sense to add this but in the meantime there are options that can help you - the next up feature is a great way to find your next unwatched episodes. also, the recently added episodes list is always filtered by unwatched.

• Like 1

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Roku/pull/114

Boredom gets the better of me. Appears you cannot use the "filters" (unplayed/played) when using the "SeriesStatus" (ended/continuing) in the query. The server doesn't respect the "filters" query when combined with the "SeriesStatus". Can't view continuing series with all played episodes (use both). So there is no need to seperate them, and create a series filter and a watched filter. I tried, but it didn't work (sad panda face). Instead this adds the missing played/unplayed to the main filter-by menu at the bottom.

As usual I've included this in the emby blue neon night theme, just because..in the usual thread, with the usual links.

Anyone have any other feature requests? Missing Options? Don't be shy. Create a new thread for your request and lets get them addressed immediately. :)

Edit: Lukes post above doesnt mention it, but when dealing with TV shows, "Next Up" is known as "Suggested" in the roku app. "Recently Added" is known as "Latest". Just to make things crystal clear.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1