Live TV Guide issues

McChen

McChen

The new Emby 3.4 Windows Store app is much improved, thank you for the great work!

One issue is that the Live TV Guide has a lot of blank entries on the left side where the current time is. So from the guide you can't tune to any of those channels. You can see this in the screenshot in the Emby blog post announcing the release (https://emby.media/community/uploads/inline/1628/559828cb002fe_guide.png).

Also the time at the top of the guide is in 24h format, I couldn't find any option to use a 12h format?

• Like 1

definewhatyouare

Have the same issue. Love the app, the first app on WIndows 8 that shows an actual guide and streams good quality video.

Couple feature requests though:

Able to manage recordings one-offs/series

Able to record by click on future shows on the guide (currently it goes to the play page, would be nice if it went to a record once and record series page)

Fix the issue above from McChen

When playing back if it could show the time of day and allow for "timeshift", thus having the ability to pause live tv, playback, and skim till the current live recording. Just like Tivo.

Ability to organize channels by name and to only include the logo

Ability to change the default home screen for the app to go directly to "whats on". Therefor, if you are only use Emby for television, you will have a less bleak looking startup page.

I know there are a lot, but I am super pumped to find an app for TV that is so clean.

The biggest request is more on the server level, but what the hell, Ill post it here. 

The ability to scan the guide and download the metadata from TheTVDB or any other metadata source. Therefor the guide is extremely rich with images and program information.

Anywho thank you so much for creating this app. I am attempting to do everything in Metro and its slightly killing me.

If you want a beta tester, I am more than willing.

Thanks!

• Like 1

7illusions

The Guide issues will be fixed in next version (TimeFormat and the empty start)

We will also focus more on  LiveTV and also on a "LiveTV only" scenario,

• Like 1