Sync button missing

ateece

ateece

I've just noticed something odd about one of my movie files - the sync button isn't available.

At first I thought it was the Android client, but I now realise it isn't in the web interface on my laptop either. Every other item I click on shows a sync button, but this 1 title only shows a download link.

Any tips on what the logic is to show/hide the button?

Andy

ateece

It's an mkv containing h264 the same as all my other content.

However. I think it used to be a video_ts DVD folder until I swapped it. I believe sync doesn't work with DVD iso's and folders.

Thing is. It's now an mkv. In case this is the issue I tried moving it out my library and deleting it from the metadata library. When I put it back I deleted all the files in the folder except the mkv. Did a library scan.

It's back. Still no sync button. And weirdly it didn't appear on my 'recent movies' list - as if the old metadata entry didn't really go.

ateece

I think I solved it - just wanted to share the fix and suggest maybe there is a little bug.

My belief is that the sync button wasn't available because Emby hadn't got the full Media Info - it only said it was an MKV container and the path.

To diagnose this further I ran ffprobe from the %appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg\20150331 folder on my media file and got the following errors below. However it DID identify cahpters, video and audio streams. This is why I think there is an error in Emby, it should have parsed the data it was given and ignored the errors IMHO.

To fix it I used MKV Toolnix to remove the subtitle streams - got Emby to re-inspect the media and now I have the full media info and the Sync button.

The ffprobe errors were:

[matroska,webm @ 00000000045353c0] Could not find codec parameters for stream 2
(Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle): unspecified size
Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
[matroska,webm @ 00000000045353c0] Could not find codec parameters for stream 3
[matroska,webm @ 00000000045353c0] Could not find codec parameters for stream 4
[matroska,webm @ 00000000045353c0] Could not find codec parameters for stream 5
[matroska,webm @ 00000000045353c0] Could not find codec parameters for stream 6
[matroska,webm @ 00000000045353c0] Could not find codec parameters for stream 7

• 3 weeks later...
pvcleave

I have the same exact issue. Can you or anyone let me know how to fix it. I have no idea what you said to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

For me it is more than not having the sync button. It has no info about the length, codec, type. I can play the movie fine. It effects some, but not others.

Edited by pvcleave

Vidman

I have the same exact issue. Can you or anyone let me know how to fix it. I have no idea what you said to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

For me it is more than not having the sync button. It has no info about the length, codec, type. I can play the movie fine. It effects some, but not others.

have you tried refreshing the items concerned? Sounds like the media info hasn't been scanned properly

pvcleave

I renamed the folders and it scanned them correctly. Simply having it rescan the same file will not do it. So the initial scan was not done properly, renaming the directories with the issue worked. 

Thanks