API Client IsMissing results is inconsistent

psubsee2002

psubsee2002

When reading through some of the past questions I stumbled across http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/1150-missingfuture-episodes-how-to-handle-them/.  Unless something has changed in the last 18 months, I am interpreting that to mean that the all TV Episodes are available via the API, whether they are actual media files or not.

I did find the IsMissing property of ItemQuery of the API Client, but when I attempted to use it, I had some very inconsistent results.

• When querying for "Seasons", the behavior was exactly as expected.  There are 16 series in my collection that are missing at least 1 entire season (some with more than one).  All missing 25 seasons that were returned.  No season that had any episodes was returned.
  • For TV Episodes, the behavior was not consistent.  I'm not certain on the exact behavior, but I've made a few guesses based on my observations, but I am not 100% certain it is the correct behavior for each scenario.
    • For any series in which I am missing 1 or more episodes from every season, only the missing episodes were returned.  This is the behavior I expected for this query.
    • For any series in which I have 100% of the episodes, the entire season was returned.  Exactly zero are missing but all were returned.
    • For any series in which I have 100% of the episodes for some seasons and am missing some episodes for a few seasons is where things get a little mixed
      • For seasons in which I have 100% of the episodes, all episodes were returned by the query.  None were missing but all were returned.  This was unexpected behavior.
      • For seasons in which I have 0% of the episodes, all episodes were returned by the query.  This is the behavior I expected for this query.
      • For seasons in which I have an incomplete series (1 or more episodes missing), all episodes were returned (whether they were missing or not) and every episode I did have was returned.  Effectively I had a duplicate result for episodes that I already had.  This was unexpected behavior.

Am I using this query wrong?  The query I used for this was:

For Seasons:

var items = await client.GetItemsAsync(new ItemQuery
{
    UserId = client.CurrentUserId,

IncludeItemTypes = new[] { "Season" },

Fields = Enum.GetValues(typeof(ItemFields)).Cast<ItemFields>().ToArray(),
    IsMissing = true,

Recursive = true,
});

For Episodes:

var items = await client.GetItemsAsync(new ItemQuery
{
    UserId = client.CurrentUserId,

IncludeItemTypes = new[] { "Episode" },

Fields = Enum.GetValues(typeof(ItemFields)).Cast<ItemFields>().ToArray(),
    IsMissing = true,

Recursive = true,
});
Edited by psubsee2002

psubsee2002

Another self answer, but apparently using the LocationType property yields more accurate results than IsMissing.  

When I use

LocationType = new[] { MediaBrowser.Model.Entities.LocationType.Virtual }

in ItemQuery, the results are more accurate.  Still doesn't explain the inconsistency in the ItemQuery.IsMissing property.