Fast forward, rewind not working on Emby Classic and Theater

andrewbee

andrewbee

I have had this problem for weeks and assumed it was something to do with the server updates. I cannot seem to skip to, fast forward or rewind the playhead anymore.

The Play indicator never shows the right time/duration of the movie either:

post-40275-0-49759500-1436125669_thumb.jpg

I have a RAIDed setup. The media folders are network shared and the permission look just fine. I am not using path substitution but have Emby directly linked to the network share. I was hoping for an explanation on whether this is a server problem that has yet to be resolved or something to do with my setup. Thanks.

Wanted to explain how my network shares look like:

Emby_media(Main folder-not network shared) > Movies (folder - shared [\\PC_NAME\movies]) | TV shows (folder - shared [PC_NAME\tv shows])

Would I have to share Emby media and should the Network Path look like e.g:  \\PC_NAME\Emby media\movies

P.S the current network path was generated by Windows during the set-up process.

theater-local_client.txt

theater-remote_client.txt

Edited by andrewbee

Something related to the content or your configuration as there is no known issue of this kind with the server.

Sounds like things may be streaming instead of direct playing but without logs it is impossible to know for sure.

andrewbee

Thanks ebr, logs in 1st post.

Edited by andrewbee

• 3 months later...

Whats the fix for this. Using android app and chromecast itno longer allows me to drag dot forward through commercials. A 30 sec fast forward would be great.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Deathsquirrel

Whats the fix for this. Using android app and chromecast itno longer allows me to drag dot forward through commercials. A 30 sec fast forward would be great.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

If you have issues with the web client or android you should post in those forums.

• 1 month later...
urbantech

Same issue here with the fast forward and rewind not working, also trailers not playing.
I thought it may be a codec issue but install FFDShow, no luck and the LAV filters and still no luck.

Still searching for a solution.

Vidman

Check that the items have valid mediainfo on the server (view the item in the web client and scroll down to see the media info-if it is only showing the filename refresh the item)

• 3 weeks later...
scallywag3

Check that the items have valid mediainfo on the server (view the item in the web client and scroll down to see the media info-if it is only showing the filename refresh the item)

Having the same issue with multiple files. Did this on one of them and it is now working. Is there a way to do a mass refresh of all files? This issue seems to only have just started recently, but not sure exactly when.

Vidman

Yes in the metadata manager select the parent item eg "movies" and and do a refresh all on that item

Edited by Vidman

scallywag3

Yes in the metadata manager select the parent item eg "movies" and and do a refresh all on that item

I tried that. It only seems to refresh the data of itself, not everything below it.