NP Recommendations list problem

tman

tman

The NP has a list of recommendations along the top of the home screen. These can come from any installed app by the looks of it, so I see recommendations from Plex, Emby as well as Google etc. It means you don't need to open the actual app to get to the media. It's a nice feature actually.

The problem is, when I select an Emby media item, I just get a grey screen. I have to back out to the home menu to get the system responsive again. If I open the Emby app, and browse media from within that, it's fine. Plex on the other hand works fine from the Recommendations list.

Bug or something else?

It is a long-standing bug but you are the first one to mention it so I haven't spent the time to try and fix it yet.  It is on my list though since the alpha days.

Actually, this will only occur if some amount of time has passed since you last ran Emby on the device.

tman

Thanks for the reply ebr. Good to know you're aware of it, and I'm sure it's on the list of things to fix at some point. Emby on the NP/FTV is really taking shape now. The new interface is easy to navigate and intuitive, and I think once Android M is out, we'll get some features we so desperately need - native decoding of more formats and control over the refresh rate during playback.