Kodi Profiles

Oxide

Oxide

Not sure as if this is related to the Emby plugin but when I create different Profiles in Kodi i.e. Adults & Kids and I enable the Master Lock all the Movies and TV Shows disappear from all the profiles, once I disable the Master Lock they all appear again??

Profile page:

559794a7838c8_Profile.jpg

TV Shows without Master Lock enabled:

559794d23e6a9_TVShowsNoPassword.jpg

559794ead7acc_TVShowsListNoPassword.jpg

Once I enable the Master lock all the Movies and TV Shows disappear  :(

559795382311f_TVShowsPassworded.jpg

5597954e6b7cd_TVShowsListPassworded.jpg

Here are the Lock Preferences, I didn't restrict access to anything, I just enabled the Master Lock.

5597958a18534_LockPreferences.jpg

FYI I'm using Kodi 15.0 Isengard RC 1 and the beta Emby plugin 1.1.13 on Windows 8.1.

Kodi logs are attached.

Kodi Logs.txt

Edited by Oxide

Angelblue05

This is a bug we are already aware of. Master lock is not compatible with our add-on....Master lock are used to lock up using sources. Since we don't create any, it basically hides all the content.

Oxide

Ok thanks :) Is there any other way to split different Emby users in Kodi?

Angelblue05

You would still need to create Kodi profiles... Just don't use master lock. :)

Edited by Angelblue05

• 4 weeks later...
Scott84Z28

Has the master lock issue ever been figured out?  If I try to set a password on my profile (the kids profile doesn't need a password) then neither profile can see any content.  As soon as I disable the master lock then everything works fine again on both profiles.

I saw this thread:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/23065-how-i-solved-the-emby-and-kodi-master-lock-issue/?hl=%2Bkodi+%2Bprofiles

But setting up the sources.xml file didn't seem to help at all.

BTW, I'm using Kodi 15 (not beta) and the Emby for Kodi add-on 1.1.13.

Thanks in advance!

Angelblue05

Its fixed in beta. You just need to make sure you have no sources created in your kodi userdata folder, then Emby for Kodi will create it during the initial sync. You'll then be able to see the content once you enable masterlock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott84Z28

ok, I'll try the beta kodi repo and see what happens.  Do I need to re-do everything? or can I just upgrade the add-on and keep my existing profiles?

Thanks!

Angelblue05

You never need to redo everything. You can keep your existing profiles as is, however, we changed a few things in database and corrected a few other things for content. Once you update to beta, you will need to reset and resync your library for each of your Kodi profile. Then you should be good to go with masterlock.

I do suggest you proceed when you have the time, since its beta it might contain a few bugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk