player not showing full time length of movie and Stutters

bret1958

bret1958

this started last week after update to latest and greatest

3 out of the last 5 installs this has happened at random

anyone else seen this.. it has been happening repeatedly. I have tried everything.. new install new server install new emby theater install. some clients works fine others don't.

Broke ones only fix is to do os reinstall. and hope.

on the shot below anything played after the time shown (which varies. becomes jerking and slow mo...)

as you see in attachment play time is wrong. some play it just fine and show play time right.

These are Blu-ray copies and not ripped or modified the network can handle full streams... directplay back works tested direct play with MPc-64 works fine.

If this has been seen then ok.. otherwise I will upload logs

Maybe someone already has a fix or an insight

post-751-0-50020500-1435780952_thumb.png

mystic.bertie

i had a problem a while ago and bluray rips were not playing, they froze and were jerky, it turned out of i disabled subtitles everything was fine. No harm giving it a try. My problem just appeared one day for no apparent reason.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/18184-bluray-playback-freezing-caused-by-subtitles-enabled/&do=findComment&comment=176806

Edited by mystic.bertie

most likely it is streaming your files through the server rather than playing over the LAN. so check your library setup and/or path substitution

bret1958

Luke or anyone.. I have always set up the server to look for media using network paths.. this seems to be my issue.... mostly out of the blue....

always has worked for as long as I have set up anything todo with mediabrowser or the new servers.

Here is what I can reprduce.

1)if I play a movie that resides on the server itself it will play

2)on win10 if it is sitting on another shared harddrive it fails.

3)Win7 Machines (see and play correctly from the server or a shared harddrive) ie.. \\server\media  \\theater\media...

when it fails Emby theater will only show the first 2-5 seconds of a movie and stall.. as if it treats the client as a portable and needs to stream..

Always.. well shall i say 90% fail on any win10 machine.. 10130, 10158, 10159

The issue started on a win7 machine so I can't just push the issue on win10

enclosed is a snap of the way I have always set up my server and shares.. let me know if this is wrong or any idea...

each location is around 2-4 TB

I have shut down the intire network and restarted things as one would...

as i have said this issue recently started with current server push (i am thinking or if it is not then a MS update came the same night).. But i may be doing something wrong so I am asking for help as my hair is getting thin.

Network bandwith test fine.. MPC-64 plays it fine through the shares.

Theater ver 3.0.5651.20234

Server Version 3.0.5641.4

drop box server link https://www.dropbox.com/s/axsculs67z9rfwq/server-63571398962.txt?dl=0

theater-63571468488played correctly.txt

theater-63571468488failed.txt

Edited by bret1958

bret1958

If I turn off streaming in the server it confirms the error on a wn10 machine no friendly warning from client that streaming is unavailable just a app hang..However if i play a movie off another shared hard drive directly from the server (theater installed on server and play from it) it plays from any shared storage just fine.

inclosed is the log from that Emby Theater instance (on the server)

as of now 2 win7 machines are operating fine

3 win10 installs fail on movies not stored on server but other shared hard drives.

theater-63571531835.txt