All my images on the Emby server aren't showing up in Kodi (please help an Emby n00b)

jjdavola

jjdavola

I posted this in what I thought was the main Emby for Kodi thread, but I was mostly ignored.   :(

First, I'm running Emby and Kodi on a Windows 8.1 mini-desktop.  I'm running version 1.1 of Emby for Kodi and Server version 3.0.5641.4.  I've also tried this on CCM, Aeon Shednox and MQ6.  In a nutshell, images I have on the Emby server are not all automatically showing up on Kodi and I can't figure out why or add the missing images.

To further clarify, I have around 600 movies on my external hard drive, let's say 525 of them have disc art in Emby, but maybe only 400 of them show disc art on Kodi and I can't seem to add the missing images now matter what I do.  FYI I've done a master reset and manual reset in the Emby addon and every advanced refresh option, but it still doesn't work. 

Do I need to do a special rescraping (which I've tried) or some other process within the Emby addon to get all the images to show up properly?  Any tips, tricks or advice would be helpful. 

Bonus unrelated question, is there a fix to get Lost Season 1 recognized by Emby?  I can't add a primary image whether I download the image through Emby or side load the image to Emby.  I consistently get a corrupt image/file message.

Thank you!

Edited by jjdavola

PhilWhite

Hmm, no idea about Lost.  Sounds like a bug or a problem with your server. 

What version of Kodi?  I think a few folks had trouble with the beta 2 version of Isengard at least early on; others report no problems.  I'm holding out for the stable version.

One weird thing I have noticed with Emby for Kodi is that sometimes changes show up immediately and sometimes it takes a day or two for uploaded images to show up. Turning the emby server off and on again and repeating a library scan might help, but I'm afraid I don't have any great insights.

jjdavola

Hmm, no idea about Lost.  Sounds like a bug or a problem with your server. 

What version of Kodi?  I think a few folks had trouble with the beta 2 version of Isengard at least early on; others report no problems.  I'm holding out for the stable version.

One weird thing I have noticed with Emby for Kodi is that sometimes changes show up immediately and sometimes it takes a day or two for uploaded images to show up. Turning the emby server off and on again and repeating a library scan might help, but I'm afraid I don't have any great insights.

Thanks.  The Lost issue is definitely a bug.  I just can't figure it out how to fix it.  FYI I deleted everything but the movie files and started over, but it won't let me upload any images for only that first season.  

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll try anything to get this to work, so I will try turning the server on and off (if I can figure out how).  :lol:

Edited by jjdavola

PhilWhite

I have Emby on FreeNAS, so it's a simple matter of turning the plugin on and off.  For Windows and other platforms, it's probably just a matter of rebooting the computer.

Hopefully one of the mods will chime in.  With the type of problems you are having I wonder if there is something corrupted in your server.  You might need to destroy the current version, re download and start again.  Before doing anything so radical, though, I would wait for someone who really knows what they are talking about to help.

Edited by PhilWhite

jjdavola

Restarting Emby may have made things worse, but I will know for sure tonight when I get home and really look at everything.  I do know that last night Kodi was basically the same, but this morning when I looked at the server, there are tons of images missing that were not missing before.  If this doesn't work or things keep changing like they have, I might have to dump Emby and go back to the old scrapers.   :(

Saner2oo2

fwiw i know this is no help to you, but i have the same issue with my box. Mine is linux (docker container) and kodi 15b2 (again linux box)

i have tried caching artwork via tge addon, and with the texturecache utility (they do the same thing i presume), i have checked permissions, i have reset emby & kodi to basics and still some artwork works and some is blank. I have even tried swearing at it.

so although i dont know tge fix, you should know its not just you :/

edit //

fixed mine, for some reason they were missing, i just used tge advanced refresh in the metadata manager (anyone know if its possible to refresh all)

Edited by Saner2oo2

• 2 weeks later...
jjdavola

fwiw i know this is no help to you, but i have the same issue with my box. Mine is linux (docker container) and kodi 15b2 (again linux box)

i have tried caching artwork via tge addon, and with the texturecache utility (they do the same thing i presume), i have checked permissions, i have reset emby & kodi to basics and still some artwork works and some is blank. I have even tried swearing at it.

so although i dont know tge fix, you should know its not just you :/

edit //

fixed mine, for some reason they were missing, i just used tge advanced refresh in the metadata manager (anyone know if its possible to refresh all)

Thanks for the info.  I've done the advanced refresh every way possible, but still no luck. Although the images show up on the Emby server, they don't all show up on Kodi even after updating my library, restarting Emby etc. etc.  It's a shame it doesn't work consistently or properly.  FYI I can't even manually update the missing information anymore.  The images just won't show up on Kodi.  :(

Edited by jjdavola

• 5 months later...

I have same problem. Have install french 2 times add my movies and only a few shows up. I am using freenas and jail plugin. And a Mobil app emby.

Skickat från min Nexus 5 via Tapatalk