Never goes past Checking Details

stratofarius

stratofarius

Hello. I was a very happy user of this app- keyword, was. Over the weekend, I worked on port forwarding for Emby so I cam access it in my Android phone over an upcoming trip.

Which means my Emby for Smart TV no longer works. I reinstalled it twice, but it never goes past checking details after I input the remote IP. It just goes back to the IP screen!

I think my TV is a model F. What's going on?

CBers

Shouldn't make any difference unless you changed something on the server side, such as the port number, which is 8096 by default.

Can you connect to your server in the built-in browser on the TV?

stratofarius

No can do. The remote IP works on my phone, by the way. And, yes, the port still is 8096.

stratofarius

Double post, yes, but I tried with the IP on the installation instructions page and it works just fine. Had to reinstall the app to go back to the IP screen, sure, but it works.

CBers

Double post, yes, but I tried with the IP on the installation instructions page and it works just fine. Had to reinstall the app to go back to the IP screen, sure, but it works.

So what IP address did you use originally?

FrostByte

Did you say you tried using the built in Samsung web browser to connect?  Sorry, I couldn't tell by your response.  There are some issues with it, but it should connect.

Edit: can you give us the model off the tag?  We can tell you for sure if it's an F series then. 

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

I don't remember. I know local and remote IP don't work.

I meant which IP address did you use to install it with previously ?

stratofarius

I meant which IP address did you use to install it with previously ?

Like I said, I don't remember. It's been a long while since I started using Emby.

Did you say you tried using the built in Samsung web browser to connect?  Sorry, I couldn't tell by your response.  There are some issues with it, but it should connect.

Edit: can you give us the model off the tag?  We can tell you for sure if it's an F series then. 

Yes. I tried to use the built in browser.

Model code is UN40F6400AGXZD, version number is TU04.

CBers

It's... still not working.

But you said it was.

Had to reinstall the app to go back to the IP screen, sure, but it works.

What are the issues now?

stratofarius

But you said it was.

What are the issues now?

It worked with the IP given to me in the installation instructions thread. That's why I said it works. With my IPs, it doesn't.

FrostByte

So the installation worked and the app worked until you turned on port forwarding.  Now you can't connect to you server any more with your IP?

stratofarius

So the installation worked and the app worked until you turned on port forwarding.  Now you can't connect to you server any more with your IP?

Just on the Smart TV. My laptop works, my Android phone works (even when I'm not on local wifi). Just the Smart TV that does not work.

CBers

It worked with the IP given to me in the installation instructions thread. That's why I said it works. With my IPs, it doesn't.

You followed the instructions for your model TV, step by step?

It installed and you see the Emby app in your Smart Hub?

When you open the app from your Smart Hub, what is the next screen? It should be where it asks for the IP address of your server. Is your Emby server running?

If so, I'm a bit stumped.

Can you take a photo of what's displayed on your TV at the point you can't get past please.

Are you trying to use Emby Connect to connect to your server?

Is your TV on the same LAN and subnet as your server?

Edited by CBers

stratofarius

You followed the instructions for your model TV, step by step?

It installed and you see the Emby app in your Smart Hub?

When you open the app from your Smart Hub, what is the next screen? It should be where it asks for the IP address of your server. Is your Emby server running?

If so, I'm a bit stumped.

Can you take a photo of what's displayed on your TV at the point you can't get past please.

Yes. Yes and yes. Here's a photo. As you can see, it's the IP input screen. I've put in my local IP, it goes to Checking Details then comes back to this screen. Same with remote IP.

55931612e9026_IMG_20150630_191303017.jpg

FrostByte

Does the hostname not work on the second line either? 

hostname:port                  

example:      stratofarius_pc:8096                  or whatever you're using for hostname and port

FrostByte

Your hostname is usually your pc name I believe

Edit: if you go to the dashboard on the webclient the hostname will be above the server information

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

CBers

Yes. Yes and yes. Here's a photo. As you can see, it's the IP input screen. I've put in my local IP, it goes to Checking Details then comes back to this screen. Same with remote IP.

What IP address are you entering?

Are you leaving the port field blank? It should default to 8096 if left blank.

Might be worth posting the server log for when you try to enter the IP address, in case the server is rejecting it.

stratofarius

Your hostname is usually your pc name I believe

Edit: if you go to the dashboard on the webclient the hostname will be above the server information

Tried it, same result.

What IP address are you entering?

Are you leaving the port field blank? It should default to 8096 if left blank.

Might be worth posting the server log for when you try to enter the IP address, in case the server is rejecting it.

On the picture I'm putting my local IP address as given to me by the Emby dashboard. I've also tried the remote IP, same result.

I'm putting 8096 in the port field.

Here's the server log from my hostname attempt.

CBers

Sorry, I can't figure out what's wrong.

There's nothing obvious in the server log that I could see.

Not sure if @@FrostByte has any other ideas.

FrostByte

I really don't know.  From what I understand the Samsung Web app and the Emby Samsung app both worked before port forwarding and now both no longer connect since turning on port forwarding.  If the Web app doesn't connect then I doubt the Emby app will.  Does the TV's Web app connect to the Internet at all, or just not to Emby server?  Maybe try unplugging the TV and then going through the network setup after plugging it back in