Emby Theater blank screen on startup

gene0915

gene0915

Installed Emby Server on my server PC and added a folder full of home videos. I installed the Emby channel on my Roku 3 and no problem. They all played perfectly. Then, I installed Emby Theater on a PC and it must have remembered the last time I installed it because it instantly came up and saw my server (or maybe it found it THAT fast? but I use to have Emby Theater installed a long time ago but removed it)........anyway, when it launched, I got a blank screen. Just had the option to search. If I search for 'home', it pops up all my home videos. If I ESCape back, no more videos. Guessing it can't "see" the shared 'home movies' folder that my Roku had no problem picking up.

Fresh install. No plugins active. Tried removing it and re-installing a few times. No go.

Screen shot and logs attached. Server ver is 3.0.5641.4.

BTW, is there a way (from Emby Theater) to delete existing servers and adding a fresh one?

post-7434-0-34567000-1435537023_thumb.png

server-63571115738.txt

server-63571118390.txt

gene0915

I'd love to post logs from the client (Emby Theater) side but I don't see any. Running Windows 7 on a SSD drive. I have "hidden files/folders" 'on' but don't see any "Emby" or "Mediabrowser" directories in C:\Users\Gene\AppData\Local or C:\Users\Gene\AppData\Roaming. Nor do I see anything in C:\ProgramData. They hiding somewhere else?

SHSPVR

I try everything even rigth down ctrl + alt + del and picking the task manager but all no go was still a blackscreen so I force to do ctrl + alt + del agine and just restart the system

Even the log all but use less but here it is any way

theater-63571447261.txt

Edited by SHSPVR

gene0915

I try everything even rigth down ctrl + alt + del and picking the task manager but all no go was still a blackscreen so I force to do ctrl + alt + del agine and just restart the system

Even the log all but use less but here it is any way

SHSPVR, where did you find your theater log file? Maybe I'm blind but I can't seem to locate it anywhere on my system.

SHSPVR

C:\Users\(Your User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\logs\

with Windows Explorer you need get in to folder check under tab View

Show hidden files, folders and drives then uncheck Hide extenstiobs for know file type

Edited by SHSPVR

• 2 weeks later...
gene0915

Finally found some Emby Theater log files for the admins. I grabbed the updated server and same problem. Emby Theater launches and while the Roku can see my media, Emby Theater can not, just a blank screen.

theater-63572813092.txt