stand alone mediabrowser

JERRY1

JERRY1

Can mediabrowser run alone without wmc..all my movies wont play on wmc.

Which mediabrowser will i need to do this, bypassing wmc all together.

Files needed to dispay video are not installed or are not working correctly.

Restart wmc or restart the computer .This what i been getting over 3 weeks

now, nothing i've done from reading online seems to fix it.

jamvids

You can download a codec pack for WMC, something like K lite codec pack, or use Emby theater which will install the required codecs. Another easy (and cheap) way is by using a Chromecast. Personally I use the Xbox one and cast my movies and TV etc to that using my phone. I also use Chromecast. If your TV is DLNA compatible you can use that directly by using either the web browser or android app to control it (probably IOS too). You can get a Kodi box or Amazon fire TV box and other options too. Just use your phone as the remote. There are many possibilities. I gave in using a PC a while ago (as a player). I use the android app and Bluetooth for music. 

Have a look around the forums and see what other people are doing and what works for you, It's all good.

Deihmos

Kodi is the way to go if you ask me. Just install the emby addon. I cannot recommend using windows media center. It is too problematic and lacking for videos.

Edited by Deihmos
  • Like 1

JERRY1

Installed Emby Theatre & server now i'm geting this error when trying to play any movie .

There was an error processing the request

JERRY1

I swapped out video cards, files are playing now.

How do i organize my files, this emby have them scatterd all over

my tv series are a showing up as individual movies weren't like that

in old mb all were perfectly organized.

Happy2Play

I swapped out video cards, files are playing now.

How do i organize my files, this emby have them scatterd all over

my tv series are a showing up as individual movies weren't like that

in old mb all were perfectly organized.

Well you would have to let us know your content structure, but is sounds like you are using Unset (mixed content).

jamvids

Kodi is the way to go if you ask me. Just install the emby addon. I cannot recommend using windows media center. It is too problematic and lacking for videos.

Does Kodi support 5.1 sound in any format? I take it that it has a dedicated app, in fact what is it, I am using a chromecast in one room and xbox one another. The surround sound thing is driving me nuts though.

xnappo

Yes, Kodi is the most versatile player available.  It has 5.1 support and passthrough as well.

JERRY1

MBC had all my files organize  sci-fi, westerns, etc..

EMbY is the new mb why should i have to reorganize..

so far not liking it :angry:

AdrianW

MBC had all my files organize  sci-fi, westerns, etc..

EMbY is the new mb why should i have to reorganize..

so far not liking it :angry:

You don't have to reorganise - but you do need to set the correct type for your content when adding it to the Emby library.

So, assuming all your TV series are inside a folder named "TV" - you need to add that TV folder to the library and specify it as type "TV".

Then do the same with your Movie folder (and specify type "movies").

Then, after Emby has scanned your content - you should be good to go.

JERRY1

You don't have to reorganise - but you do need to set the correct type for your content when adding it to the Emby library.

So, assuming all your TV series are inside a folder named "TV" - you need to add that TV folder to the library and specify it as type "TV".

Then do the same with your Movie folder (and specify type "movies").

Then, after Emby has scanned your content - you should be good to go.

Ok when i get a chance will check it out, just lost a hard drive with lots of content.

JERRY1

All my tv series are here in this folder,did what you said same reults...E:\media\tv shows

Happy2Play

All my tv series are here in this folder,did what you said same reults...E:\media\tv shows

Can you explain the issue?

legallink

Can you explain the issue?

More specifically, can you give us the next layer of folders?  My experience is if you have the content organized by Show  aka E:\media\tv shows\Game of Thrones\Season 1, then Emby will pull all the meta data.

You added the library to your server?  And then told the Server that it was tv shows?

JERRY1

More specifically, can you give us the next layer of folders?  My experience is if you have the content organized by Show  aka E:\media\tv shows\Game of Thrones\Season 1, then Emby will pull all the meta data.

You added the library to your server?  And then told the Server that it This it it.

E:\media\tv shows\hawaii five o \ hawaii five o Season 1,..that's the folder structure order for all my tv shows

works fine in mbc, my problem is not metadata..viewing them in mb3 the episodes scatterd all over as movies

Edited by JERRY1

Macburp

E:\media\tv shows\hawaii five o \ hawaii five o Season 1,..that's the folder structure order for all my tv shows

works fine in mbc, my problem is not metadata..viewing them in mb3 the episodes scatterd all over as movies

You need to set E:\media\tv shows as a TV folder in the server. Remember to use a UNC path when setting up the TV folder (//<pcname>/media/tv shows/). This page offers guidance on the accepted TV naming structure - https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV%20naming

You also need to remove "hawaii five o" from the season folder name so it is just "Season 1".  I imagine this is the bulk of your problem.

JERRY1

That's a lot of work,you're talking almost a thousand to ediIt.

Either that or go back to media browser classic

Happy2Play

I use Bulk Rename Utility for big edits like this.

AdrianW

Using a tool such as Renamer - you could have the whole lot done in less than a minute.

• Go to Settings > Filters and check "Include folders as files".
  • Add a Delete rule
    • Until: Till the End
    • Check "right to left"
  • Add a second Rule
    • Insert "Season "
  • Click the "Add Folders" button
    • Browse to your top level TV folder
    • Click "Filter Settings"
    • Enter *season* into the Masks field
    • Click "save"
    • Click "Add folders"
  • This should add all your season folders to the bottom panel
  • Check that the all the new names look correct (you may need to press Preview)
  • Click "Rename"

Alternatively - instead of using the "Add Folders" function in renamer you can use File Explorer instead:

• In explorer go to your top level TV show folder and search for "season"
  • All your season folders should show up
  • Drag those folders into renamer's bottom panel
Edited by AdrianW

JERRY1

Strange but i haven't rename yet, did a reinstallation , tv shows are displaying in movies and tv shows.

episodes not scattered as movies anymore.55993df9a3a0c_mbt.jpg

Yes, with your folder naming, things will be quite confused.  You will have to rename those season folders.

What tool created them?  It seems a very unnecessary redundancy...

JERRY1

Covert art is too spreadout want to change it.In the picture i uploaded i can click on settings not home,select view or sort by.

Can click on logout,exit emby , sleep, restart, shutdown.Tv folders ok now, Thanks to all for there help