SONY SMP-N200

bilboemb
Go to solution Solved by bilboemb,

bilboemb

hello, just trying this for the 1st time, playback to the device works but it is in low quality as compared with plex which I have also tried for the first time , but this is better. 

Play back is blocky, how can I improve quality ( i am totally new to this)

I think default profile is being used? 

2015-06-28 00:12:58.0161 Info - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will need to be used.
	DeviceDescription:
	FriendlyName:Media Player
	Manufacturer:Sony Corporation
	ManufacturerUrl:http://www.sony.net/
	ModelDescription:
	ModelName:Media Player
	ModelNumber:
	ModelUrl:
	SerialNumber:

Can I force a bravia profile somehow?

you might be able to create one using a bravia profile as a reference point

bilboemb

Thank you. Browsing round I cant find any specific instructions but from what I can gather I can edit one of the existing profiles and it will save as another.

Still not sure how I would get the profile to be used, I am guessing by means of filling out the identification section of the profile but with what? Can I make it apply to a specific ip address?

bilboemb

Looks like it WAS actually picking up the sony blu-ray player profile so after some trial and error I was able to copy the http header from sony blu-ray player and add it to the sony bravia (2011) profile which created a new custon profile and this seems to have done the trick, quality is much better now.

Thanks for the tip.

Happy2Play

Can you provide the HTTP Header that you used to possibly assist someone else with this issue.

• Like 1

• Solution
bilboemb

<Headers>
<HttpHeaderInfo name="X-AV-Client-Info" value="(Blu-ray Disc Player|Home Theater System|Home Theatre System|Media Player)" match="Regex" />
<HttpHeaderInfo name="X-AV-Physical-Unit-Info" value="(Blu-ray Disc Player|Home Theater System|Home Theatre System|Media Player)" match="Regex" />
</Headers>

Edited by Happy2Play
Corrected text
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

The latest beta of Emby Server, 3.1.125, has numerous fixes for Sony Blu ray players from years 2013-2016. The changes will also be in the next stable release of Emby Server. Since I have a device for testing I am now able to test it fully and with the changes I've made everything is now playing perfectly.

It's possible that some of these improvements can be applied to older players or sony bravia tv's, but I do not have those devices available to test with, so for that I'll need to rely on community help. Enjoy.