1.0.15 menu items seems broken

denethor

denethor

After upgrading to 1.0.15 on 3 of my Kodi setups something weird happened. If I launch the Add-on from MyAddons\Program Addons\Emby->Launch menu items do not do anything. Nothing in logs. Feels like nothing associated with menus. I tried;

-Sync Emby Theme...

-Cache All Images...

-Perform local db reset...

-Perform manual sync

-Config user pref...

Non of the above menu items does anything. No errors in UI no nothing. Anyone here with the same experience?

Edited by denethor

Angelblue05

Are you able to grab a log, eve if there's no error. It might indicate the problem. Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

Did you try null_pointer? It works correctly on all of my Kodi devices. All I did was tell Kodi that the scripts does not resolve in displaying a listing since it was causing a getdirectory error every time any script was used.

Configure User Pref takes a bit to pop which is normal. Anyway, a log should be able to give us more information. If using Kodi's API correctly breaks stuff....I will revert it back.

Edited by Angelblue05

denethor

Since it was same for all of my devices I didn't provide a log, I assumed it was easily reproducible :) will do that in couple of hours. Now I'm on a road trip for summer vacation ;)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Sure, I'll check it out when you post your log - I'm unable to reproduce. It would seem it coincide with my modification to the menu item, however it does work correctly in Helix, Isengard and FireTV stick in my set up. :)

denethor

Here is the debug log @@Angelblue05 . This is from Kodi DirectX 11 special dev. version. But as I said same thing happening on all of my devices.

http://1drv.ms/1GJP78m
Edit:

I have a quick bonus question: Since I'm on vacation if change my playback type from SMB redirect to transcoded HTTP, should I need to reset my local DB?

Edited by denethor

Angelblue05

You know, you just gave me an idea. With plugin path we might be able to switch from local to remote without resetting paths.... Even without Emby connect.

I will have to check it out later today. However for now you will have to set up a secondary Kodi profile or reset db in the current profile. It is something you should set up before leaving :( unless you have decent internet while away...

denethor

unless you have decent internet while away...

Above leads me to another idea: Why not Support for EMBY sync? :)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

It is on the to do list already on our trello board.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@denethor

I can't explain what I see.... It's very strange almost as if Kodi is confusing the script with an episode or something....I did the same step on my HTPC, and it worked correctly, no confusion here. Can you try uninstalling Emby for Kodi and reinstalling it to see if the scripts works then? - no need to reset resync your library.

Angelblue05

@@denethor

Actually try installing this version here, I've included the addition to support alternate address within the same Kodi profile. This is only available when not using Direct Path.

In add-on settings, you will now find "Use alternate address". Enable it and add your external server address in the Secondary server address field. Then for it to take effect, just restart Kodi. Make sure you have playback from HTTP enabled. That's it :)

It should play content using external address. Let me know if you try it out! This means you don't need a secondary Kodi profile when your location changes from local to remote and vice versa. When you are back home, just disable Use alternate address and restart Kodi and you will be back to local access.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

denethor

@@denethor

I can't explain what I see.... It's very strange almost as if Kodi is confusing the script with an episode or something....I did the same step on my HTPC, and it worked correctly, no confusion here. Can you try uninstalling Emby for Kodi and reinstalling it to see if the scripts works then? - no need to reset resync your library.

I have already tried the uninstall workaround. That didn't work on my android and production environment.That's why I did clean install to see how it would work on my 3rd environment . Above debug log was from that clean Kodi install. (I know there are some dirty things on that setup like using Windows 10 TP and Kodi dX11 dev version but anyway :) )

I will try the version you attached later on today. By the way I think 1.1 pushed to stable repo. Which version would you want me to test?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

You can use the stable now :) The feature was accidentally included in it! lol

Hmmm, see what it's trying to do when you select a script. It did the same for userprefs:

17:53:45 T:7440   ERROR: CGUIWindowVideoBase::ShowIMDB: could not add episode [plugin://plugin.video.emby/?mode=thememedia]. tvshow does not exist yet..

I did the exact same thing on my system and this was not the result. And none of the devs are experiencing this. So really don't have much to go on, except for this. I will keep digging.

@@denethor ok don't use stable. Can you please try this and let me know:

Edited by Angelblue05

denethor

@@denethor ok don't use stable. Can you please try this and let me know:

Menu items now firing up successfully and playback over HTTP works fine! Tried with 1.5Mbits HD on my 3G connection, very usefull indeed. Perfect! There is only one confusion stuff; my external address uses port 80 with reverse proxy while internal EMBY server running on default 8096 and there is only one port config in addon.

Since iOS 8.3 and probably 8.4 jailbroken yesterday, now we really need touch friendly Arctic Zephyr @@im85288 :)

Edited by denethor
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, I'll keep it in mind for next version. It's just so odd you are the only one having this issue it seems. 

I don't know about reverse proxy, but you can change the port in settings to go with your secondary address (the one you'd type in your browser to access your server). Just make sure to restart Kodi so it takes effect. :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

denethor

It's just so odd you are the only one having this issue it seems.

So this means that 1.1.0 is still no go for me right?

Angelblue05

Yeah, it will probably not work for you. So remain on the version you are right now. It's 1.1.0 without my modification to the listing. Disable auto-update for add-ons. I'll keep you posted about it, for the next version.

• Like 1

richardap1

After upgrading to 1.0.15 on 3 of my Kodi setups something weird happened. If I launch the Add-on from MyAddons\Program Addons\Emby->Launch menu items do not do anything. Nothing in logs. Feels like nothing associated with menus. I tried;

-Sync Emby Theme...

-Cache All Images...

-Perform local db reset...

-Perform manual sync

-Config user pref...

Non of the above menu items does anything. No errors in UI no nothing. Anyone here with the same experience?

I have upgraded today, Isengard Beta 2 and Emby 1.1.0 and have the same issue. All items give me the offer to Play or see More Info (which is how i have Kodi set up).  No items actually do anything. 

• Like 1

richardap1

I think you can try the version on post #14 to see what happens

Thanks you.

Yep going back to 1.0.15 works fine.

jurmb84

@@Angelblue05

It should play content using external address. Let me know if you try it out! This means you don't need a secondary Kodi profile when your location changes from local to remote and vice versa. When you are back home, just disable Use alternate address and restart Kodi and you will be back to local access.

Love the new features... wanted to test out the new aspect ratio options and this as well... I bring my RPi2 to work with me sometime for break/lunch and decided to throw it on early and see how it handles... One issue... Sync'd at home... my primary server address is 192.168.x.x and secondary is relay.XXXX.com... Based on your post it is my understanding that you uncheck use alternate address when home and check it again when remote... I have add images to cache turned on... When I change the option, it automatically begins recaching all of the images to use the remote url instead of the ip address...

Please advise...

10:05:50 T:1381868560  NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
10:05:50 T:1763701776  NOTICE: ArtworkSync -> Updating Art Link for kodiId: 24443 (http://192.168.X.X:8096/mediabrowser/Items/fd07a237de560c54558d2d1a5bfc9c7e/Images/Primary?MaxWidth=400&MaxHeight=400&Index=0) -> (http://relay.XXXX.com:8096/mediabrowser/Items/fd07a237de560c54558d2d1a5bfc9c7e/Images/Primary?MaxWidth=400&MaxHeight=400&Index=0)
10:05:50 T:1763701776  NOTICE: ArtworkSync -> Updating Art Link for kodiId: 24444 (http://192.168.X.X:8096/mediabrowser/Items/a75601ee910d8f482a068068b8d1295a/Images/Primary?MaxWidth=400&MaxHeight=400&Index=0) -> (http://relay.XXXX.com:8096/mediabrowser/Items/a75601ee910d8f482a068068b8d1295a/Images/Primary?MaxWidth=400&MaxHeight=400&Index=0)
10:05:51 T:1763701776  NOTICE: ArtworkSync -> Updating Art Link for kodiId: 22112 (http://192.168.X.X:8096/mediabrowser/Items/526955a61eaab5f0727082d2d05f0595/Images/Primary?MaxWidth=400&MaxHeight=400&Index=0) -> (http://relay.XXXX.com:8096/mediabrowser/Items/526955a61eaab5f0727082d2d05f0595/Images/Primary?MaxWidth=400&MaxHeight=400&Index=0)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, for the time being, just disable Auto cache image when outside your network - don't worry about the ones that already changed it will correct itself back to normal when inside your network. It's really new and will get refined with time, thanks for letting me know! We will see what can be done about it. :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

jurmb84

Turned off autocaching of images and exited Kodi... Restarted Kodi and same thing occured again... So... Just to be sure I restarted Kodi a 3rd time... it still kicks off a recache... So it looks like if your initial sync set to cache images, then it is going to recache whether you turn it off or not...

jurmb84

Going to let it finish and restart Kodi again and see what happens...  Will post back with results...