TV-show: Doctor Who 2005, getting on my nerves and bugs server

JarleH
Go to solution Solved by JarleH,

JarleH

No matter what I do the server refuses to identify it as the 2005 show, and forces the old 1963 show to be metadataed.

When I try to set it to http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=78804 the metadata refresh just spins forever.

Seriously getting on my nerves!

Please help!

How can I fix this show!?!?

aspdend

tbh - with my Doctor who I have the folder named Doctor Who (2005) and the seasons below it named 0, 1, 2 etc. The episodes are normally named Doctor Who (2005) - 01x01 - episode name as well.  My metadata collecting works fine.

JarleH

Does not work for me, bugs the metadata fetcher and reverts to the old show no matter what!

Can anyone post the db ids that they use? 

CBers

Remove all metadata files from the folder, including jpg's.

Then, make sure you have the correct IMDB (tt0436992) and TVDB (78804) IDs for the show when you use IDENTIFY.

Edited by CBers

• Solution
JarleH

I was messing around with the folder name and refreshing the metadata a few times. All of a sudden I had 2 folders with different names. One got the correct metadata, so I just moved the files over from the wrong one. It looks like Emby server made a new folder...

So it looks to be fine now. If I get the problem again, I will try make a new folder with the name and year, and see it it helps to get the correct show/movie, then move the media over.

• 7 months later...
tomgreene@gmail.com

For anyone else who ends up having this issue I ended up having to do the following to get this to work (after letting it try to match it like 500 times):

Delete all metadata and images in the folder

Edit the metadata and select the root Doctor Who folder on the left side of the manager

Clear ALL data from the metadata (years, site match ids, airdate, times, EVERYTHING)

Enter IMDB (tt0436992) and TVDB (78804) match ID's and press Save at the bottom

Click on the three dot overflow menu and select Advanced Refresh and make sure Replace All Images is selected and press OK

Hopefully this helps someone else. Figured this wouldn't have taken me hours to do but I finally got it.

• Like 1

Redshirt

I feel your pain, I myself had it happen with a different show. Since then, server has been updated to improve how it handles this situation... but the feeling of being powerless to correct your own library just sucks.

This could have been done using the identify feature. It does the same things automatically that you did manually

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem with Plex. It's not just Emby. You have to name every single episode EXACTLY as it is on thetvdb.com  and you must use either Doctor Who (2005) or Doctor Who (1963) as the show.

Mine are all sorted now, but took an entire evening to get it straight.

swhitmore

Same problem with Plex. It's not just Emby. You have to name every single episode EXACTLY as it is on thetvdb.com  and you must use either Doctor Who (2005) or Doctor Who (1963) as the show.

Ahhhh, you could have used to auto-organise feature, or Sonarr. Something like this should take a few minutes.

swhitmore

I did it before I ever came across Emby. And have never heard of Sonarr until you just mentioned it.

I highly recommend it for auto organising and fetching tv.

• Like 3

SkyBehind

I did it before I ever came across Emby. And have never heard of Sonarr until you just mentioned it.

You should be saying many thanks. Sonarr for TV shows, CouchPotato for movies

aspdend

If you are doing it manually, rather than using, say Sonarr - I always use filebot to produce the correct filenames against tvdb - with the folder named Doctor Who (2005) it works all the time for me...

Ahhhh, you could have used to auto-organise feature, or Sonarr. Something like this should take a few minutes.

I highly recommend it for auto organising and fetching tv.

Careful with sonarr, I got MPAA threat because sonarr decided I needed better versions of some of my older shows and started to download a season pack which was being tracked by the mpaa. I went back to using my leacher, showsRSS, and emby. Sonarr didnt add anything worth the risks.

• Like 1

SkyBehind

Careful with sonarr, I got MPAA threat because sonarr decided I needed better versions of some of my older shows and started to download a season pack which was being tracked by the mpaa. I went back to using my leacher, showsRSS, and emby. Sonarr didnt add anything worth the risks.

Let me clarify, I've only used it with Usenet. I don't believe they can see Usenet traffic. Also, I switched to business class which they don't track anyway. But Usenet is super cheap and the way to go. Downloads are as fast as your connection too.

Lastly I should mention I only download stuff I've already legally purchased on Dvd or vhs.

Koleckai Silvestri

This would be related more to the source of the media rather than the tool. Good luck.

Koleckai Silvestri

Let me clarify, I've only used it with Usenet. I don't believe they can see Usenet traffic. Also, I switched to business class which they don't track anyway. But Usenet is super cheap and the way to go. Downloads are as fast as your connection too.

Lastly I should mention I only download stuff I've already legally purchased on Dvd or vhs.

Anyone can see USENET. It is just more likely to be used with SSL and VPN than other sources. Plus every download doesn't have a little "Seed" tracker inside of it.

SkyBehind

Anyone can see USENET. It is just more likely to be used with SSL and VPN than other sources. Plus every download doesn't have a little "Seed" tracker inside of it.

Exactly, I don't even VPN (but do use ssl). I believe there can't see specific traffic (I.e. shows) with ssl, am I incorrect?

Aren't there multiple doctor who's? what would you expect? there has to be some way for the software to extract the info from the file names.

Koleckai Silvestri

Exactly, I don't even VPN (but do use ssl). I believe there can't see specific traffic (I.e. shows) with ssl, am I incorrect?

Your traffic would be encrypted as long as there is a valid certificate on the opposite end.

Koleckai Silvestri

Aren't there multiple doctor who's? what would you expect? there has to be some way for the software to extract the info from the file names.

Yes. Each has their own series, episode and specials information. Adding the years to the series folder name is the easiest way to handle this. It isn't just Doctor Who though. Many series share a name with older series. I've found that it is just easier to always add the year of the series premiere to the series folder name. 

• Like 1

Love Dr. Who so have to chime in...

I have been stuck before and know if you create a directory like Doctor Who and hope it identifies correctly then when it does not you scramble to try lots of stuff..delete it, create a new folder including the series date Doctor Who (2005) and bam EMBY matches it up sweet...

Had the same issue for serveral movies as well and series like Vegas (2012) - Scream Queens (2015)  - notethat one was for the kids...

m

swhitmore

Love Dr. Who so have to chime in...

I have been stuck before and know if you create a directory like Doctor Who and hope it identifies correctly then when it does not you scramble to try lots of stuff..delete it, create a new folder including the series date Doctor Who (2005) and bam EMBY matches it up sweet...

Had the same issue for serveral movies as well and series like Vegas (2012) - Scream Queens (2015)  - notethat one was for the kids...

m

There is an 'identify' feature in the metadata editor that will do this for you. You shouldn't have to do any of that.