No Media

Xzener

Xzener

Hello,

Any idea how to fix this? I have no media for my profiles (all of them).

post-19-0-05276400-1435207681_thumb.png

Here are my preferences...

post-19-0-43306700-1435207711_thumb.png

In the first pic, you can see backdrops working, where is my media?? Please help. Ive tried deleting data/cache, and uninstalling/reinstalling the app. Even deleted the device in the server devices tab. Nothing fixes this problem.

I'm running the latest version from Play Store.

Edited by Xzener
  • Like 1

reluctantflux

Have you tried rebooting your phone or reinstalling the app?  Neither should be necessary, but that does seem odd.

Tranquil

After a long time I installed a new Updated of the old MediaBrowser App, which now comes as Emby.

Now, the app is nothing more then a Web Viewer which opens the view of MBS which can also be done with every installed browser.

It now seems to use a WebPlayer which is not a fluid as before. I connected my GT I 9506 device via HML to a TV and it is not possible to playback a media without stuttering. (was working before)

Next problem now comes up:

No more media will be listed within the app. don't know why. All is empty, just seeing my profile picture but no media at all. Funny: I can use the search box to search for media which gives results. Opening the results again leads to empty data.

All these is working within Chrome on the same device.

Reinstalling the app, clearing the cache does not fix this problem. I will now use Chrome as it seems that there is no real difference/ advantage for MBA.

Very disappointing. :-(

chef

Emby moved forward with rebranding a couple months back. There were many new features added to the server and the main developers of the Andriod app was on hiatus.

The development team need to move forward with an Andriod app which could encompass all the new feature that emby had to offer, so a new app was built.

It is currently under construction, and the development team on that particular app are looking into all the concerns of the users.

Hope that helps explain what happened.

Edited by chef

Tranquil

@Chef:

Thank you for your explanation chef. Anyway, there is no need for an app which only opens a web view.

The old app was so fluid and just nice and working. Now it is useless (at least for me). I would really like to downgrade my updates, but it seems not to be possible or is there a way to get the old APKs?

Hopefully it will get back to old quality.

• Like 1

chef

I understand.

There are issues with the latest Andriod. There is a testing thread where builds are being pushed lightning fast. Trying to fix issues and make this version of the Andriod app better.

You aren't the first to raise alarm regarding using an HTML interface. From what I understand, Luke is working towards a more fluent UI with the web interface. Compared to what it is right now, that is.

The past versions of the app where almost a direct copy of the web interface, but he has been working hard at giving it an overhaul to make it a little more unique.

It is really hard to move backwards in releases for emby. I have a feeling that over the next little while we may be surprised with this new app. We'll have to see how it goes.

Perhaps you could message ebr about joining the testing team for the Andriod mobile app and then you could put some ideas in that would make it better. If you have the time.

That way, it may be possible to bring back some of the options you miss from the original app, and help move development along.

I notice the newest version UI is a little laggy on my galaxy tab. Amongst some other things. I posted in the Andriod mobile thread and I got a pretty quick response. I think the app has take. A front seat.

chef

@@Xzener did you find out what happened. Some else post the issue as well. They restarted the server and then restarted their device and the media showed back up.

Edited by chef

I've tried everything with no resolve.

send a note to ebr to get added to the beta group

ferzal

I have this problem as well and it appeared to coincide with trial period running out after fiddling with the cover art addon.  I haven't tested adding a membership as yet but will get around to it.  Could have been a coincidence but it's the only thing that changed.

I have this problem as well and it appeared to coincide with trial period running out after fiddling with the cover art addon.  I haven't tested adding a membership as yet but will get around to it.  Could have been a coincidence but it's the only thing that changed.

Please provide a log from the app. See

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/6269-media-browser-for-android/

Tranquil

@Luke:

Using Emby 2.5.53, logged in to my server, selecting a profile and only see an empty page.

Unfortunately, there is no log generated. Log folder is empty. :-(

Tranquil

Now I got to create some logfiles. Dont know why it didnt work on my first try.

http://pastebin.com/24PRVTDQ

There are 3 more logs generated, all with nearly the same content showing:

10:08:52.901 [syncAdapterThread-2] DEBUG App - WiFi not connected
10:08:52.902 [syncAdapterThread-2] DEBUG App - Skipping sync because we're not connected to wifi

it looks like requests are just timing out for whatever reason. i'll try bumping up the timeout, although i thought 15 seconds was high enough

Tranquil

Hm. The response of the webinterface is really fast. For sure faster then 15 seconds. Anyway, I think there can be a scenario, where 15 seconds are not enough. My Server steps into S3 State every night and wakes up on the morning. The first call of MBS can take a bunch of time. I think it has something to do with page faults / swapping on my windows machine.