Dropped Recording

PhilWhite

PhilWhite

Last night I tried to record Elementary.  The server created a new 'Elementary' subfolder within the TV folder, but there was no recording there this morning.

Logs: server-63570522167.txtserver-63570526960.txtserver-63570527238.txtserver-63570617998.txtserver-63570620474.txt

Not sure what happened, but the tuners are online and working this morning.  Emby obviously tried to record the show and lists the episode in recently recorded but without a file.

One of the log files is too big to upload; will check and see what is there and upload if needed.

Anyone else have problems with missed recordings?  My guess is the problem is with the tuner again, but I don't know how to decode the log files.

PhilWhite

OK, looks like that is the important log and not the others, so I cut out most of the day's info and left data from approximately 4 PM on.  The recording was to start around 11:30 PM.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Log:  server-63570528000.txt

Hopefully I didn't cut out anything important.

ETA:  I did notice one thing in the log -- repeated error with no response from a particular ip address 192.168.1.23.  That is not the local ip address of either of my tuners.

ETA: I also did not stop and restart the server after I turned off Library auto updating last night.  I don't know if that would have any impact, but I did it just now, so maybe I should wait and see what happens with recordings tonight.

ETAETAETA:  OK, never mind, nothing to see here.

Maybe a guide for newbies -- to remind always to stop and restart the server whenever you make a settings change.  All working well right now.

Edited by PhilWhite

PhilWhite

Nope, it's straight out dropping recordings. I cleaned all vestiges of Embry TV, uninstalled, reinstalled, reset series recordings. Worked for one day and dropped a recording today. Server was on, tuners available, no recorded file.

Erik

I had a show scheduled for recording last night and it was never triggered to start it seems. it still is in scheduled recordings but nothing was ever recorded.

PhilWhite

It never recorded.  It looks like it tried to record since the show now appears in Latest Recordings, but there is no video file and when I click on the show icon (for the supposed recording) it says 'there was an error playing the video'.

I recorded five shows on Sunday with no problem, then a missed recording yesterday.  I thought the same was happening earlier, but I was able to fix the issue I thought.  Strangely, it never recorded Elementary (reruns scheduled to start at 11:35 pm EST last week) which was set as a series recording, but did record everything else until Friday.  I missed a few recordings then, so I uninstalled and eliminated all traces of Emby TV and started over again on Saturday.  I thought all was going well until last night.

ETA:  One of the recordings from Sunday (but not the last one actually recorded) shows up as an Active Recording.  None of my tuners are actively engaged right now, so tuner access is not the problem.  Last week I saw some of the behavior that Erik mentioned -- missed recordings that show up as scheduled recordings still.

Edited by PhilWhite

drakus72

@@Luke I have been experiencing the same thing on my testing server that I have been testing EmbyTV with. I tried recording 6 shows and only 1 recorded. the rest just sat in limbo. When I get home I can post up some logs for you. 

I run 2 HD Connects and 1 HD Extend

PhilWhite

In my case the show last night was a series recording.  The problems with 'Elementary' last week were also series recordings.    I think one of the issues last week was with an individual recording, but I don't recall the exact timing.  That was likely when I had problems with one of my tuners and that might have been the cause.

Edited by PhilWhite

Erik

For me it was an individual recording. I will run a few test recording this evening with fresh logs to see if i does it again.

EDIT: I tested several recordings and they all recorded successfully. This happened once before to me, I believe each time a new version of embyTV comes out, none of the scheduled recordings activate. after I delete the scheduled recordings and put them back in they work ok. ill check again on the next update. Thanks

Edited by Erik

PhilWhite

7:30 PM series recording worked fine today.  Will see about 9PM series recording.  I am also recording with HDHomerun DVR at the same time, so we'll see how that goes too.

From quick look both appear to be good recordings.

So, intermittent missed recordings or brief glitch in the system?

PhilWhite

9 PM recording working well.

Could just be an intermittent problem, but if improvement is due to anything that I changed there are two possibilities.  I earlier used a Connect and Extend, but only made the Extend available to Emby TV.  I now have two Extends and Emby TV can use both.  The other thing is there is a small glitch in adding tuners so that it is easy to add two instances of the same tuner.  I eliminated the second instance of each tuner and have only one entry for each tuner listed now.  I don't think that would be a problem but just in case..........

I haven't tested this in a while, but I found early on with this plug-in that there was no indication of the situation where a tuner is not available for a recording.  The recording just doesn't happen.  There was (at that time) also no logic to help check this situation - you could schedule 3 or more items to record at the same time even though you only have two tuners.

PhilWhite

That was my first thought too, and I think it was the problem at one point last week when I had a screwy tuner.  I am a little less convinced now because the tuners should not have been engaged otherwise at the time of the recordings; I checked the next morning and none of them were being used then, so I didn't have a stuck tuner.  That would certainly be the easiest explanation and is probably correct, but then I'm going to need to find out why.

Now that I have two extends (so four tuners) it should not be an issue, but since I am recording from both Emby and the HDHomerun DVR at the same time I might run into problems with a tuner not being available.

PhilWhite

Missed recording last night.  Tuners not being used this morning -- only one was engaged last night recording with HDHomeRun DVR.

Individual recording.  It is still listed as a scheduled recording.

ETA:  I had cancelled the recording for last night and re-entered it; might be the reason it failed.

Recording from this afternoon also failed.  So I removed all of the planned recordings (took out the files on the server), uninstalled Emby TV and re-installed.  Then reset recording times.  It is currently recording a show at the same time that HDHR DVR is recording (same show to test how each performs).

I'll keep watching.  It looks like it has trouble anytime I cancel a recording and reset it; so, there might be a little work to do there.

Edited by PhilWhite

drakus72

Having same problem recording or trying to watch live tv.

2015-07-08 10:29:40.2463 Error - HttpServer: Error this.ProcessRequest(context)(Exception while writing error to the response)
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5666.2
	Command line: C:\Users\DZLMEDIA\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\DZLMEDIA\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\DZLMEDIA\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Cannot access a disposed object.
	Object name: 'SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListenerResponse'.
	System.ObjectDisposedException
	   at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListenerResponse.set_StatusCode(Int32 value)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.SocketSharp.WebSocketSharpResponse.set_StatusCode(Int32 value)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.ErrorHandler(Exception ex, IRequest httpReq)

2015-07-08 10:29:54.7491 Info - App: Opening channel stream from EmbyTV, external channel Id: 2.1
2015-07-08 10:29:54.7491 Info - EmbyTV: Streaming Channel 2.1
2015-07-08 10:29:54.7491 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.2.106/tuners.html
2015-07-08 10:29:54.8121 Error - App: Error getting channel stream

559d4353140a9_1.png

As you can see, I do have plenty of tuners and channels for that matter. 

PS: Everything has been rebooted including tuners.

Here is rest of the log

http://pastebin.com/0a8eeDB5

Edited by drakus72