Movie playback pause on Emby for WMC but not in Emby Theater

sgf

Hello:

Was a MB 2.x user forever, until I discovered an issue with one of my 1080p Bluray rips on my WMC 7 + MB 2.6 install on a new HTPC machine I am building.  It has a pause or slight stutter every 5 or so seconds.  Been doing a ton of diagnostics on this over the past week, and I have discovered that, on the same machine, the pause happens on Emby for WMC but not in Emby Theater.  The video runs beautifully in Theater.  I've been able to replicate the issue across another PC.

So my question is...before I go and re-rip a bunch of my Blurays, perhaps there is a setting or something I can tweak in MB for WMC that may fix this?  I've tried all of the various network and video driver tweaks with no success, any tweak seems to make it worse.  I would really like to maintain my W7 WMC front end if at all possible.

Thanks for any help.

sgf

EDIT: The same issue exists across any Emby or MB 2.x or 3.x for WMC install on both Win 7 or Win 8.1.

Edited by sgf

techywarrior

I've noticed similar but I believe the issue is with WMC and not Emby itself. It only happens for me on certain 1080 rips and I haven't bothered to really spend time figuring it out. I know a lot of people setup external players like MPC-HC for their content in Emby for WMC. That way you still have the great Emby setup but when you go to play something it launches MPC-HC.

I do believe there are some minor limitations with that setup but it also has a lot of benefits.

Someone who currently runs with a setup like that could probably give you more details if you chose to try that out.

Problem solved by installing MPC-HC and only setting it to playback those files.  I dont like the flicker involved in launching the external player but I guess I will have to live with it for now.

I looked at LAV but not sure it will work based on the configs of each of my WMC boxes.  I did try Shark007's but it didnt solve it either.