Some questions regarding Emby + Kodi setup

ProphetSe7en

ProphetSe7en

Hi.

I am a first time user of Kodi, and since I am running Emby on my server I decided to do the same on Kodi :)

I do have some questions here to have it working the way I want.

On the server side I have all the files needed for kodi in each movie/Show folder. Theme.mp3, fanart, logo, disc art, trailer and so on.

I have seen many people having the disc art showing up when browsing movie library on Kodi. Can this be done when running Emby since I already have all the files on my server?

Like in this picture

http://i.imgur.com/3uHzsrh.jpg

I also found this picture showing a nice feature for collections. Can this be done?

http://i.imgur.com/ooHUJkv.jpg

richardap1

Yes, although I think that the Disc art might be collected via Kodi.  Either way i have disc art (in Skins that set it up) and haven't had to do anything on my end to make it work.

Thanks

ProphetSe7en

It looks like disc fanart is depended on skin, so by changing skin it worked.

But I cant get movies to be in a movie set.

Any tips on to make it work?

puithove

But I cant get movies to be in a movie set.

Its in your Kodi settings - Videos/Library/Group movies in sets.  That's assuming that on the server side you already have boxsets defined (you can use the auto boxsets plug-in on the server to make it all automatic).

Edited by puithove

ProphetSe7en

Yes I know, but it don't work :(

Only way is to create movie set manually.

Edited by svortevik

ProphetSe7en

No I don`t.

I assumed that it were done automatically when the option were set in Kodi and/or on the web client.

Do I have to create all the collections manually on Emby server?

xnappo

It is automatic,  but you needs to install the sets plugin on the server.

ProphetSe7en

I just install the plugin and I am done? This will go through my entire library and make collections?

• Like 1

ProphetSe7en

I installed the plugin and restartet the server.

Now several hours later nothing has happen. 

Metadata is done by Couch Potato and Emby.

Not sure what else to try to get this working.

xnappo

Do you see the sets on the server?  If so, you may need to reset your Kodi database for this to take effect.  Make sure you see the sets on the server first though.

Vidman

The movies must have a tmdb collection id number to match up to, try doing advanced refresh on some movies that are part of a collection in the web client metadata manager.

Then go to the autobox set plugin and click Refresh Boxsets after you have confirmed they have collection ids.

Note this is usually fully automatic if just using emby to scan metadata

Edited by Vidman

ProphetSe7en

It worked, thank you.

Now I just have to do an advanced refresh of all my movies that are in a collection.

Any reason this data isn't saved in the first place?

ProphetSe7en

Ok, so now someone figured out my other problem, so now everything is almost working perfectly.

I do have one more question...

In Emby I have two movie folders added. One "movies" and one "kids".

Is it possible to get both of them showing up in Kodi on the home screen?

Now I just got the standard movies option in Kodi on my home screen, and here are all content from both folders mixed together. I would like to keep them separated.

CBers

You need to un-group your Movies in the Emby server under User Preferences.

Also, I wouldn't use CouchPotato to do your meta fetching, let Emby do it.

Turn it off in CP.

Edited by CBers

ProphetSe7en

It is already done.

In Emby Web Client they show up as intended. For kids movies I have to go to the kids option. On Kodi they are all grouped together under movies.

Is there any reason for not using CP? Will Emby do a better job doing the same thing CP and SR does?

It is only for adding thumbs, fanart, trailer and so on to the movie folder. SickRage does the same for tv shows.

Angelblue05

Are they separated if you launch Emby for Kodi? You should have a list of all your Emby user views. Find your Kids view and see if it's merged with your regular movies.

ProphetSe7en

Yes they are.

But when accessing through "movies" on home screen in Kodi they are all stacked togheter.

The way I want it is to have two options on home screen. One for movies and one for kids, and the content to be separated.

Angelblue05

Ok so all you need to do is change your home menu shortcuts to reflect the menu you want. So in skin settings (I'm not sure which skin your using) look around to find an option to add or remove home menu items.

Then you want to create your home menu items pointing to either:

• Video Nodes: Add-ons > Video Add-ons > Emby > User View.
  • Tags: Tags is _____ (user view, you can usually browse and select for this option)
  • Create smart playlist: You name it however you'd like, filter with Tags is _____ (this one will allow you to browse). Remember if you use more than one tag, change the rules only apply to one or more items. **Bonus: This allows TV Tunes to work when you enable Play theme while browsing ___ list.

Then save and go back to your home menu and they will be separate. :)

Edit: I will add an extra feature next version - Auto create smart playlist for Emby user views. This will make it easier. :P

Edited by Angelblue05