So is everyone going to Emby Theater once Windows 10 drops?

Gaitkeeper

im85288

Some people will forever claim their love for wmc as that's what they are used too. Kodi has evolved dramatically over the last few iterations and is hands down the most solid platform out there with a huge number of developers continuing to improve it.

• Like 3

Diedrich

Definitely staying with Windows 8.1, Kodi (Jarvis with Titan skin beta) and Emby for Kodi add-on beta.

Edited by dvgmar

WarrenH

Staying with win7, MC and MB2 as there's no workable alternative for live and recorded TV

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
dejavux2

I'm still on Windows 7 64-bit with WMC and Emby.

I will not be upgrading to Win10..... unless, of course, they get WMC working perfect on Win10....  right now there's no CableCard support.

I'm very happy with Emby for WMC...  been using it since it started.

Why haven't we gotten any new Themes for Emby?

Edited by dejavux2

Nick's MCE

I recently stopped running Emby Theater... It is now officially unusable. It crashes soon after launch. Not even a complete uninstall fixes it. Its a pity, Emby Theater (in my opinion) should be the Flag Ship client that all clients should model after. NOT the web client.

Hey Zener, long time. I am still using crystal, really for bling with cleararts etc you just can't go past it and it still works perfectly with EMBY. really I think some-one needs to develop EMBY as a stand-alone using the WMC architecture. I agree about EMBY Theatre as well, I dropped it as well, just as you say unusable.

Nick's MCE

I'm still on Windows 7 64-bit with WMC and Emby.

I will not be upgrading to Win10..... unless, of course, they get WMC working perfect on Win10....  right now there's no CableCard support.

I'm very happy with Emby for WMC...  been using it since it started.

Why haven't we gotten any new Themes for Emby?

I actually still use Crystal, best theme for bling and works perfectly.

The problem for EMBY and new themes is that whoever develops it needs to stick around and offer full client support until fully developed beyond beta. I think on Crystal and ROC the support was lost so they were pulled from the plugin menu. 

I agree with you about WMC, don't have time to screw around with my whole system, just need a stable solution.