Help please cannot log into emby website

hellboymike

hellboymike

Some advice please. I changed my FIOS Router to Quantum speed. The router is FIOS-G1100. I went in and i port foward tcp and upd to 8096 and 8920, but i still cant see my the server from my iphone or my laptop from work, before no problem. I did port check and i see ports open. What am i doing wrong, please help. Thanks

hellboymike

I thought it was my new router but I see people having issues logging in. I cannot log in to iPhone or laptop via app or website signing, so server is down? Please someone let me know since I have tried everything to log in and no luck

hellboymike

tried it so far nothing it says connection failure, please help. Is it possible to erase my account and start all over, when i first started i didnt understand your setup, so i registered forum and signup for account with two different emails, maybe that could be coulprit, just guessing but none work. Please help i had just updated not long ago paid account and now this. Much appreciated.

it probably can't get through your firewall. uninstalling & reinstalling isn't going to do anything to change that.

hellboymike

i had no problem with firewall before, kaspersky, i will stop firewall and try, thanks for helping

hellboymike

no luck it sees my server with computer name, but no connection, bot firewalls desktop and laptop shut down, also no luck on iphone 5s

hellboymike

Any other ideas please, i want to see movies this weekend is my day off and im away. Thanks

Unfortunately it's hard to help with you providing any detailed information. We do our best to allow the apps to get through your firewall and talk to Emby Server but sometimes this requires manual verification on your part.

What you can try is, open the server dashboard and look at the external address that is displayed. Is this correct? If so, try putting that address into your smartphone and see if you can get through.

hellboymike

no luck keeps saying invalid username when i know its correct? im adding the remote access https correct, i dont see external address anywhere, and thanks again for helping.

Ok, see, that was the first time you said username and this whole time we've been focusing on connectivity. There you see the value of presenting detailed information when trying to get help. So if the issue is username/password, try the forgot password link at the bottom of the page.

it is very difficult to help you with "not working". can you please state exactly what you did, how far you got, and where you had a problem? was there an error message, did something crash? thank you.

hellboymike

I apologize not giving you enough info stupid of me, thanks for your patiennce, Its working now for laptop no iphone 5s, but dont know how, i was putting username and no password as you stated, but it kept saying add password.

hellboymike

for iphone it says connection failure were unable to connect, please ensure running and try again

hellboymike

Hi i wanted to let you know i fixed it, i deleted the shortcut on my iphone and used the remote address, BINGo it worked, Thanks again for the help, I hope you have a lovely day.

• Like 1

hellboymike

I spoke too soon, iphone logs in ok to server, but none of the movies play, all different formats tried, none play, when i hit start nothing happens, im unlucky

hellboymike

funny i had no problem before with laptop or iphone, thank god laptop ok, i tried deleting the  shortcut again use my remote address no luck i hit play nothing happens, Any other idea to fix this and thanks again.  Phone shows 4 bars for wife, so it cant be wifi.

Edited by hellboymike

hellboymike

its iphone and nothing showing when i hit play, so no logs can be sent? I read thru how to report a problem.

hellboymike

Hi i wanted to let you know that i noticed i cannot log into emby server using Firefox 38.05, i keep getting connection failure, BUT, i log into Internet Explorer 11 (which i hate) and it works, before i had no probles with Firefox, just wanted to let you know, maybe others have same problems.

557e0de14f11e_Screenshot19h24m35s.jpg

hellboymike

ok here we go again, now i havent changed anything, i cannot log in, i get connection failure in both firefox and internet explorer, no kaspersky on. Very frustrating.

557ee57368602_Screenshot10h45m45s.jpg

porkbone

I had to delete the cache file in Firefox before I could login - now I can. Don't know if that will help, but worth a shot...