Playback controls inaccessible in new Android app under Jelly Bean (4.2.2)

markshu

markshu

I have a pair of Lenovo android tablets (7" A3000 and 10" S6000) running Jelly Bean v4.2.2, and in the latest update the playback controls are totally inaccessible. You've put the playback control at the bottom of the physical screen in both landscape and portrait display modes, and the instant I touch the screen to use them the system softly overlay [back/Home/Windows] pops up and covers the playback controls completely and it never scrolls back down again once it has popped up.

This makes the player useless for any viewing scenario except "Play from beginning to end without pause".

This is HORRIBLY broken.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
acril

I also have the same problem and would have occurred at the around the same date  when an update was released but I have been waiting for another update that would address the issue. Just on a month later and still no update to fix. I have an Asus TF300T running Android version 4.2.1 and a Samsung SM-T113 android version 4.4.4. Both exhibit the same problem. Can't get access to playback controls. Uninstalled apps on both and reinstalled, Rebooted PC and restarted server - done all the basic things and nothing seems to fix this. Finally decided to write to the community for help! Use to work fine; now as it stands the app is totally useless, Can anyone help or tell what I may be doing wrong?

Thank you.

We'll be adding a custom player very soon and it will have a new UI, so check back then.