Watched status resets

Wheemer

Wheemer

Hello;

My watched statuses are being reset somehow. I will suddenly notice shows I have already watched that no longer have the watched status set.

This is completely random but happens all the time since I moved to Emby.

Angelblue05

Do you sync your watched status to trakt? Do you have Emby create nfos in your media library?

What you posted doesn't tell us much, so we have nothing to go on... :)

Are you talking about the watch status in Kodi not being the same as your Emby server? Are you able to reproduce it? If so, enable info log and post your logs, and also post more details. Thanks. 

Wheemer

I did have the trakt plugin for kodi on one of my users, but this problem is with another user. I have since uninstalled the trakt plugin and I will test and report back after some time.

I was just referring to the watched status within Kodi itself.

Edited by Wheemer

Wheemer

Watched status is still being removed from one of the emby users from within Kodi.

Shows that I watch one night are suddenly not watched the next.

fantaxp7

I have the same issue. I will watch an episode, playback stops and I can see a check mark next to the episode and then it quickly goes back to unwatched. The server shows it as unwatched too. 

Wheemer

I have reset my local database on the user I'm seeing this problem to test.

But either way Emby needs some serious improvement in this area. That's the main reason I switched from mysql, and so far not good.

Also when I mark a show as watched why doesn't it show that immediately instead of delayed?

Edited by Wheemer

fantaxp7

This issue is recent Wheemer, it has been working flawlessly for me for some time. 

I am sure the devs for kodi-emby sync will get to the bottom of it. 

xnappo

Are you guys both using the beta?

If you can recreate it easily, then logs from Kodi and the server at the time it happens would be helpful!

xnappo

Sorry - I mean the beta or stable of Emby for Kodi - 1.0.0 or 1.0.06.

xnappo

xnappo

Even if you don't have music set up in Emby, can you please turn off music sync in the addon and see if that fixes it?

fantaxp7

I noticed on Friday that after a server upgrade the watch status was fixed.

Though I think the resume is off...it will show that I watched part of a video. When I hit play it gives "resume from" notice, go to that point in time quickly, then go back to the beginning of the episode...

Wheemer have you noticed any of this? 

Wheemer

I am always having problems with resuming. I use Kodi with Titan skin and it doesn't show me shows that are in progress properly.

Because of this I have been ignoring problem I see with resuming. But I will say at least once before I have played a show that I had already been watching before, I assumed it would ask me to resume and it didn't, it played from the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...
cpl183

i'm on the latest stable version and the watched status from emby doesn't transfer to kodi. even after manually marking every watched movie as watched , the status resets itself even though it is marked as watched in emby. how can that be? i reset the database, and every watched statuse is erased in kodi. i even reinstalled kodi and it just wont transfer the watched status. any ideas how to fix this?

€: its also not for every movie, just some, seems random.

in Metadata -> Nfo i had the wrong user selected under "Sync user watch data to nfo's for". i hope that fixes the problem.

Edited by cpl183

xnappo

You mean you are on 1.0?  If so then it is a known issue.  You can try the beta or wait for the next stable which should be soon.

ferzal

I have this problem since updating to Isen beta 2 and the latest Emby for Kodi beta.  Watched status will not sync from Emby.  The only way to get Kodi to display watched status is manually marking each item as watched after a play or on start-up to reflect the library.  I had no problems with Beta 1 and stable.

cpl183

You mean you are on 1.0?  If so then it is a known issue.  You can try the beta or wait for the next stable which should be soon.

with the last beta i tried (1.08 i think) i got an error after connecting to emby and the library in kodi didn't update.

xnappo

Almost everyone is on the beta, try again.  If it doesn't work try a DB reset.  If that doesn't work, post a log.

ferzal

Thanks. DB Reset worked for me.  I did do a DB reset after upgrade and haven't made any changes since then so I don't know what caused it to break unfortunately.