Weird Temp Activity

Tonos

Tonos

Hi All

Was wondering if anyone else had some tips on how to debug an issue with Emby server (windows) i'm having at the moment.

I think since the last update ive noticed the whole box the server runs on bog down so much it is unresponsive. The Emby server application is *constantly* pumping out TEMP files all prefixed with "magick-". These files are big too - anywhere from 250mb and up. The writes are just too much for the drive im using, where up to this point it has been fine.

Ive heard of Image Magick, but dont have it installed so im assuming Emby implements it for rendering..? Any sort of access to the server from a client seems to trigger it.

Anyway, the server ram usage usually sits around 400-500mb but since this issue it is spiking to over 1gb, and it has over 15,000,000 IO writes in under 12 hours - I dont think that is normal.

Im assuming it is a corrupt image file somewhere - any ideas on how to debug that one? My last resort I guess is to delete *.jpg in the media library. Would like to avoid that if I could!

Server Version : 3.0.5621.4

Logs and screenshots attached.

-Anthony

server-63569059200.txt

post-507-0-81871700-1433464037_thumb.jpg

post-507-0-44350900-1433464038_thumb.jpg

Ended up having to remove my photo library. The library scan, when it came to the images, bogged the system down so badly it was unresponsive. The TEMP files would pump out constantly.

Perhaps it didnt like some RAW images that were present? Im not sure. I wasnt able to find any logging to help debug.

-Tonos

• 1 month later...
Pacman

I have the same problem.

Have moved %temp% to a drive with a lot more space, since was bringing the box down.

I think am going to have to implement a scheduled task to remove %temp%\magick.* or something though I think.

This is a bug in Emby though. It should be cleaning up after itself, not eating all available disk space.

scope99

I noticed this while trying to get the windows 10 upgrade to work.

The temp directory was 140gb - the drive was almost full.

I have a very large photo collection in my library as well.

Edited by scope99

it's not photos, it's just image processing as requested by client apps. imagemagick cleans this up automatically, or so they say. so i'll have to look into why that might not be happening.