Channels not playing via Emby addon

scalda

scalda

Hi all,

I have just started to play around with the IPTV plugin and all is well to the fact it works in the emby web client.

But the problem i have is the stream paths aren't bee passed over to Kodi when i navigate to my video bookmarks in the emby listings?

Any ideas?

Regards

Scalda

• Like 1

scalda

Have you tried without the direct paths setting on?

Yes still doesn't work

Here is the part of the log from where i enter and try to play.

it enters the folder but there is no path for kodi to play from

12:54:56 T:1957236736   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (MyVideoNav.xml) ------
12:54:56 T:1957236736   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.video.emby/?id=ff36d5cf4654676d9469af7009cd11ad&mode=channels)
12:54:56 T:1957236736   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.video.emby/?id=ff36d5cf4654676d9469af7009cd11ad&mode=channels]
12:54:56 T:1957236736   DEBUG: Loading items: 9, directory: plugin://plugin.video.emby/?id=ff36d5cf4654676d9469af7009cd11ad&mode=channels sort method: 0, ascending: false
12:54:56 T:1957236736   DEBUG: RunQuery took 1 ms for 2 items query: SELECT  files.strFilename, files.playCount,  bookmark.timeInSeconds, bookmark.totalTimeInSeconds FROM files  LEFT JOIN bookmark ON    files.idFile = bookmark.idFile AND bookmark.type = 1  WHERE files.idPath=831
12:54:56 T:1783395360  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
12:54:56 T:1750111264   DEBUG: COMXCoreComponent::Initialize OMX.broadcom.image_decode input port 320 output port 321 m_handle 0x4fbd10a0
12:54:56 T:1750111264   DEBUG: COMXCoreComponent::AllocInputBuffers component(OMX.broadcom.image_decode) - port(320), nBufferCountMin(2), nBufferCountActual(2), nBufferSize(81920), nBufferAlignmen(16)
12:54:56 T:1750111264   DEBUG: COMXCoreComponent::Initialize OMX.broadcom.egl_render input port 220 output port 221 m_handle 0x4c60a9f0
12:54:56 T:1750111264   DEBUG: COMXCoreComponent::UseEGLImage component(OMX.broadcom.egl_render) - port(221), nBufferCountMin(1), nBufferCountActual(1), nBufferSize(15360) nBufferAlignmen(16)
12:54:56 T:1783395360   DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader 1783395360 terminating
Edited by scalda

xnappo

I didn't actually realize we supported channels at all in this addon. 

@@im85288 - do we?  It looks from the log like there is something in there.

im85288

I'm not sure how complete support was, up until now I hadn't tried it. I do have direct paths enabled so that may be a factor but for me no channels could play content (ie Trailers, Vine, TuneIn etc). Have you had success with other channels using the non direct paths approach?

scalda

I'm not sure how complete support was, up until now I hadn't tried it. I do have direct paths enabled so that may be a factor but for me no channels could play content (ie Trailers, Vine, TuneIn etc). Have you had success with other channels using the non direct paths approach?

@@im85288 To be honest i havn't got any other channels but i will try a couple and see and report back

scalda

I added vine and tunein and nothing will play i can browse everything nor problem but when i hit enter to play something nothing happens

im85288

Thanks for confirming, it looks like a general problem that needs to be looked into in more detail.

scalda

Thanks for confirming, it looks like a general problem that needs to be looked into in more detail.

Ok thanks, hopefully it can be fixed

CBers

Can a moderator change the title to all: channels not working via the emby addon

Done.

im85288

Yeah they handle things completely differently. The new addon is more of a sync addon and as such we did discuss initially not supporting channels. It would be interesting to see how many users want support for this feature (trello board - not sure if it's added or not) to gauge how much development effort should go into this. Not to sound negative, but Kodi already has a bunch of addons that for most users negate the need for channels to be synced.

CBers

I understand what you're saying, but if people have channels already in Emby and use them on other Emby clients they use, then they'd be duplicating work.

Not a major issue, but as you say, you need to know how many people actually use them and want to use them within Kodi.

im85288

Yes true, it's just a matter of seeing if anyone actually uses/wants the feature in Kodi. The fact that it took so long for anybody to notice it wasn't working seems to point at it being a very low priority. But let's see how many users request support :)

• 4 weeks later...
Angelblue05

@@scalda @@CBers

Is this still an issue? I've just tested and the twitch channel works correctly. Is it every channels that's not working or just certain ones? Thanks for your time

CBers

Don't know, will have to test them.

I think it was the IPTV plugin that didn't work.

Has anything changed?

Angelblue05

Not really anything I can think of.... I'm just trying to work off some bugs from our Trello board :) I was wondering if it was something that applied to every channel or just specific ones. Let me know what is not working. Are you getting an error when you try to launch the channel, etc.