Themes?

moviefan

moviefan

Just wondering, any estimated timeline to add themes to theater?

Would be really cool to have a theme to mimic the current chocolate interface of Emby for WMC!

• 4 weeks later...
Info1

I agree with Moviefan,

I think this is a usability request for sure. I an relatively new to Emby Theater but have been spoiled for years with themes. The challenge I see is the current skin is black on black so it is a challenge to scroll your movie collection as the back highlighted movies gets lost on the screen.

I do see my movies and series show the correct time! Yeah and huge thank you. I can FF again.

m

aspdend

There has been and is still an ongoing major re-write of the code behind Emby Theatre and until that is released fully, the theme development cannot be undertaken. At least that is how I understand it and this is why we don't have nay real themes for Theatre as yet.

Most of use, I think, are waiting for Theatre to be updated and then themed... 

Info1

That would be awesome, can the powers that be put a time line to that?

Thanks and sorry I can not contribute as I am not a programmer but I can QA! :)

M

Yes we will have theme support and you won't believe how easy its going to be. We will have more details later

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
Deathsquirrel

When is scheduled the theme support ?

There is no announced release date for the next version of Emby Theater.

Xzener

Will it be as MB2 where most themes were unique, sometimes revolutionary... Or just simple, boring color and arrangement changes??

themes are going to have full freedom to make it look however they want. and it's going to be incredibly easy that participation i know is going to be very high. it will be very exciting once we can announce, but not just yet.

Shoot, if I can just get the home menu to be vertical, instead of horizontal, I'll be happy.

How would you make it look? by vertical, do you mean similar to windows media center?

• Like 1

yardameus

I'm so looking forward to it.  If it's half as easy as you say to theme, I'm gonna have delve into this.  I'm always right on the edge.  I have the vision, I have the intelligence (I hope), but I lack the coding experience besides basic html web site dev (for art school).  If I end up seeing a ray of hope, that'll be enough to make me learn one more thing.  Subdued in MBC dragged me in a little bit, but I'm holding out hope.

• 4 weeks later...
Cactus

How would you make it look? by vertical, do you mean similar to windows media center?

This is by far the most important thing to me. As MBT is now, it's very annoying to use as I've got 10 different sections and not just "Movies" and "TV Shows". Really looking forward to more configuration options and themes.

Budwyzer

The usability of the Plex Home Menu combined with the customization of ReFocus by Jeroen is my ideal skin.

Plex-Home-Menu.jpg

UrPerQA.pnghttp://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214009

The horizontal menu has always felt cluttered to me. My libraries are: TV Shows, TV Shows - Animated, TV Shows - Anime, Movies, Movies - DC, Movies - Marvel, Movies - Kids, and Music. Traveling horizontally just feels like I"m traveling further to get across that to where I want.

Edited by Budwyzer