what device/OS do you use for kodi?

scalda

scalda

Hi just another thread,

I am curious in how you use kodi on what devices and also OS's you use on these devices, along with how you use, whether it be local or remotely.

I myself i have 3 Raspberry Pi 1, a Raspberry pi2 and also a win7 machine for testing purposes.

All my pi's run OSMC RC3 which is a brilliant OS for the Rpi's for running kodi in my opinion.

All my devices are on my local network, if i want to use remote access i either use emby's web client or one of there various apps.

I hope you guys don't mind me asking I'm just curious.

Regards

Scalda

• Like 1

inkubux

I have a RPI2 with Openelec and a Cubox-i 4Pro with Openelec also

xnappo

Really old AMD HTPC running Windows 7 and Kodi Helix (has Ceton card and WMC for recording)

Celeron NUC running OpenElec

cgrey000

Two FireTV boxes, two FireTV sticks, one Win7 laptop. Retired AppleTV, Ouya, RPi, Windows 7 desktop - you name it, I've probably run Kodi on it. With MB3/Emby addons on everything but the AppleTV.

The laptop and one of the FTV boxes are generally my "test" installations (playing with new addons, skins, settings, etc). The other FTVs are regularly used in our living room, bedroom and family room.

Angelblue05

Windows 7 htpc/server combo - One machine to rule them all.

processor i3 @ 3.10GHz

4GB of RAM

After the sync, Kodi runs at 0-1% cpu usage so I don't lag even if there's transcoding or streaming happening at the same time via Emby server.

I have two Kodi profiles, one connected to my Emby server and the other connected to my brother's remote server. With the latest server updates, streaming starts even faster remotely. I'm very happy with the Emby Kodi experience.

badaas

AMD A6 6400K / W7 HTPC / 4gb / 120gb samsung ssd / mini ITX dual wifi msi - kodi

INTEL i3 3.1 / W7 HTPC / 4gb / 40gb intel ssd / mini itx asrock hardwired to router [hardwired to Zyxel NSA320s] - server & kodi

The AMD is a luxury! I'd sell and get a Pi2 but I wouldn't get my money back.. plus makes easier to skin/github/abundance of lazy windows apps ;)

Curious, Fire TV > RPi2 ???

scalda

Curious, Fire TV > RPi2 ???

@badass

If you just want the kodi experience then a Rpi2 would be a good cheap choice but if you still want access to all the Android apps then the firetv or nexus player would be best.

It depends on what you want to use it for really.

dragon2611

Mostly FireTV/FireTV stick, but I do have kodi installed on a couple other devices.

Server sits on my co-located box so access is via the WAN.

c0m3r

Have kodi with emby addon on my main PC/test rig, the HTPC in the living room and have it on fire tv sticks remotely for family members. Works very well in each case.

e123enitan

2 windows 7, one laptop, one desktop both running Kodi 15,

2 transmart quad core OpenElec 5.0.0

1 Wetek dualcore OpenElec 6.0

e123enitan

@badass

If you just want the kodi experience then a Rpi2 would be a good cheap choice but if you still want access to all the Android apps then the firetv or nexus player would be best.

It depends on what you want to use it for really.

e123enitan

Forget to mentioned 2 servers, windows 7, i7 (LAN) and Windows 7 dual Xeon (16 processors) WAN for (friends and families).

@scalet, addings to your comment,

Wetek may worth consdering as an aletrnative choice as it offers options to boot to Linux, Android and OpenElec, also with option for Live TV tuners, it seem a good contender based on my initial review on Kodi, Initial it seem sloppy while Openelec is on SD, but installed NAND it perfroms micely and issues earlier reported are gone. With the option to have tv tunner it seems pretty good, as it supports various pvr like TVheadend and VDR or enigma2. I am yet to play around with the PVR, once I have this going In plan to purchase more.

I hope I have not hijacked this thread lol, just my 2cent thought hope it helps peace out