TVHeadEnd error after update

freebs

freebs

I get the following error after updating my Emby today.

I can't add a user and password to tvheadend any longer.

I get the following error:

Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).

Thank for any help.

FYI - this is on Ubuntu 

talung

I am getting this error on all my plugins as well.  Fraction of the log follows:

2015-05-28 18:03:04.6595 Info - App: Convert media Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
2015-05-28 18:03:04.6599 Info - ServerManager: Sending web socket message ScheduledTaskEnded
2015-05-28 18:04:47.3827 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5621.3
	Command line: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/bin/ffprobe
	Operating system: Unix 3.13.0.53
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Mono: 4.0.1 (tarball Tue May 12 18:04:15 UTC 2015)
	Application Path: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).
	System.FormatException
	at System.Guid/GuidResult.SetFailure (System.Guid/ParseFailureKind,string,object,string,System.Exception) <0x000de>
	at System.Guid/GuidResult.SetFailure (System.Guid/ParseFailureKind,string) <0x0001e>
	at System.Guid.TryParseGuidWithNoStyle (string,System.Guid/GuidResult&) <0x0005e>
	at System.Guid.TryParseGuid (string,System.Guid/GuidStyles,System.Guid/GuidResult&) <0x00249>
	at System.Guid..ctor (string) <0x000e0>
	at MediaBrowser.Api.PluginService.Post (MediaBrowser.Api.UpdatePluginConfiguration) <0x0006c>
	at (wrapper dynamic-method) object.lambda_method (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,object,object) <0x00074>
	at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceExec`1/<>c__DisplayClass6<MediaBrowser.Api.PluginService>.<CreateExecFn>b__5 (object,object) <0x0002d>
	at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1<MediaBrowser.Api.UpdatePluginConfiguration>.Execute (ServiceStack.Web.IRequest,object,MediaBrowser.Api.UpdatePluginConfiguration) <0x00424>

2015-05-28 18:04:47.3856 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /emby/Plugins/DE228F12-E43E-4BD9-9fC0-2830819C3B92/Configuration
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5621.3
	Command line: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/bin/ffprobe
	Operating system: Unix 3.13.0.53
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Mono: 4.0.1 (tarball Tue May 12 18:04:15 UTC 2015)
	Application Path: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	ServiceStack.HttpError
	No Stack Trace Available

Yes, I am tried removing addons and reinstalling them etc.  Only thing I haven't done is removing Emby via a --purge function.  I am running on Ubuntu Server 14.04.  MediaBrowser was running fine till the today when I switched repositories.

freebs

yes, same here. all was fine until i switched repos and did this upgrade.

This couldn't have been tested thoroughly before it's release.

I mean I did a purge on mediabrowser and emby since it had some db error not allowing me to scan my media folders any longer.

So this was clean install.

freebs

just an FYI - i did manage to fix this.

I created an xml file TVHeadEnd.xml located here. /var/lib/emby/plugins/configurations

inside I added the following:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
  <TVH_ServerName>localhost</TVH_ServerName>
  <HTTP_Port>9981</HTTP_Port>
  <HTSP_Port>9982</HTSP_Port>
  <Username>test</Username>
  <Password>test</Password>
  <Priority>5</Priority>
  <Profile />
</PluginConfiguration>

Change it to meet your needs and restart Emby.. should work after that.
Edited by freebs

tolotos is the tv headend plugin developer and when he sees this I'm sure he will offer some insight.

freebs

yeah he told me this was an Emby issue, asked me to post in General.. then someone moved it here.

Can't win... lol

freebs

it's anytime I am required to add info to a plugin.. ie; smtp mail.. tvheadend.. goodle drive... etc..

I get that GUID error.. I am not alone in this someone else posted in the tvheadend thread he gets the same issue on every plugin.

here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/13029-ubuntu/page-11?hl=freebs

I had no issue before updating to latest repo... everything worked just fine.

Edited by freebs

i cannot reproduce this, sorry. I just tried saving settings on multiple plugins and i have about 30 installed for testing purposes. I would try removing all plugins then adding one at a time until the problem reappears.

freebs

Are you running Ubuntu by chance ?

I'm only running linux...not sure if it makes a difference or not.

gstuartj

I had a lot of strange behavior and instability after switching repos and upgrading. On the plus side this was the motivation I needed to start using the Docker container. It should help avoid issues like this or Mono conflicts in the future.

Yea, apologies. we have just rolled out new repos and clearly there's some small growing pains we need to get through. i'm about to update the download page with new instructions so i think that will help.

daniellog

I'm also getting the GUID issue too, just tried to run an update but the ppa repo's appear to be down?

daniellog

Ah the repo has changed again, just removed and purged and reinstalled the newest version. Still getting the same issue :(

daniellog

It was posted elsewhere on the forums that if you drop the /emby from the URL, Emby will no longer give the GUID error. Try: http://serverip:8086 and it should work. http://serverip:8086/emby (as per the install instructions) will result in GUID errors.

I'm just using reverse proxy on nginx, this is my url to configure mediaportal: https://emby.<url>.co.uk/web/ConfigurationPage?name=MediaPortal

Noticed its updated but I'm still getting the guid issue.