Incorrect Folder On Update

JoeyMuyo

JoeyMuyo

Greetings,

Just updated my ppa and got emby running however there was a snag that I can't seem to resolve.

After the update everything appeared to have migrated correctly. Users still exist, library paths are still set, and all other settings correct.

Everything has moved from /var/lib/mediabrowser to /var/lib/emby as it should.

However I see the following error in the logs:

2015-05-27 22:48:53.4024 Error - LibraryMonitor: Error watching path: /var/lib/mediabrowser/root
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5621.3
	Command line: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby
	Operating system: Unix 3.16.0.38
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Mono: 4.0.1 (tarball Tue May 12 17:22:41 UTC 2015)
	Application Path: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	Directory does not exist
	Parameter name: path
	System.ArgumentException
	  at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher..ctor (System.String path, System.String filter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileSystemWatcher:.ctor (string,string)
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitor+<StartWatchingPath>c__AnonStorey4.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This folder location obviously doesn't exist anymore and I can't seem to find a way to get emby to look at /var/lib/emby/root as it should. So past just creating a symlink I can't figure out what to do.

hurricanehrndz

Greetings,

Just updated my ppa and got emby running however there was a snag that I can't seem to resolve.

After the update everything appeared to have migrated correctly. Users still exist, library paths are still set, and all other settings correct.

Everything has moved from /var/lib/mediabrowser to /var/lib/emby as it should.

However I see the following error in the logs:

2015-05-27 22:48:53.4024 Error - LibraryMonitor: Error watching path: /var/lib/mediabrowser/root
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5621.3
	Command line: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby
	Operating system: Unix 3.16.0.38
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Mono: 4.0.1 (tarball Tue May 12 17:22:41 UTC 2015)
	Application Path: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	Directory does not exist
	Parameter name: path
	System.ArgumentException
	  at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher..ctor (System.String path, System.String filter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileSystemWatcher:.ctor (string,string)
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitor+<StartWatchingPath>c__AnonStorey4.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This folder location obviously doesn't exist anymore and I can't seem to find a way to get emby to look at /var/lib/emby/root as it should. So past just creating a symlink I can't figure out what to do.

Yes symlinks don't work. I'm trying to get code into emby that will update the database. There seems to be no other choice at the moment other the removing the data folder within /var/lib/emby, and restarting emby. Sorry. This issue didn't come up while beta testing. This means having to rebuild your database.

Edited by hurricanehernandez

JoeyMuyo

Yes symlinks don't work. I'm trying to get code into emby that will update the database. There seems to be no other choice at the moment other the removing the data folder within /var/lib/emby, and restarting emby. Sorry. This issue didn't come up while beta testing. This means having to rebuild your database.

I didn't think symlinks would work to be honest so I haven't done this. 

I understand the problems with beta testing and I am just glad I had enough knowledge to know what was going on and let you guys know.

I am guessing deleting the data folder is going to cause everything to refresh back to defaults? So user data will be lost, such as watched and episode progress? And metadata will need to update again?

hurricanehrndz

Perhaps, try the trakt plugin in the future. It will keep your watched list synced on the cloud.

hurricanehrndz

You can for now in order to get your play states backuped is move the /var/lib /emby to /var/lib/mediabrowser and change /etc/default/emby

JoeyMuyo

You can for now in order to get your play states backuped is move the /var/lib /emby to /var/lib/mediabrowser and change /etc/default/emby

I have already got a copy of /var/lib/emby already so this should be simple to do but in reality the play states aren't really that much of a problem. Just be nice to avoid the complaints where the girlfriend forgets which episode of ER she was up to! XD

I hadn't considered using trakt. I just thought it was for sharing things with other people rather than a backup.

Also something else I have noticed, just in case you know what it is or if you need to look in to it. Whenever i run service emby stop/start or force-reload I get the following message:

Removing stale /var/run/emby.pid
 * EmbyServer: not running

hurricanehrndz

Interesting, I have tested the service script thoroughly, I will test again.

JoeyMuyo

Got my media showing up again after removing the data folder. Lost all user data, they don't exist anymore. Not that big a deal for my setup but something to be aware of for others!

JoeyMuyo

Okay. Because I clearly can't leave things alone I have found the following:

Moved data folder out of /var/lib/emby and restarted emby.

Emby loads with a fresh set of user data but library items now appear.

Restored old data folder back in to /var/lib/emby and user data came back.

Library scan fails with the error: "database disk image is malformed"

From the thread http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/1562-database-disk-image-is-malformed/ found that removing library.db from /var/lib/emby/data got the scan working again. 

User watched data is gone, so using trakt would be worthwhile, and all metadata appears to have gone. Which is odd considering my metadata is saved on another location outside of emby's main directory.

EDIT:

Turns out I was wrong, most of the metadata has returned, though it has taken its time. And the watched data has come back as well if a little in accurate. It now thinks I 8 unwatched episodes of Archer which should be marked as watched, but the rest of the seasons are marked as watched.

Edited by JoeyMuyo

soniCron

Not sure if this is related, but I'm getting the same error, along with one of these for each of my videos:

BaseItem: Unable to find linked item at path

The path listed exists, is readable by the "emby" user, and should be available as far as I can tell.

Also, I'm on emby 3.0.5621.3, but it says 3.0.5621.4 is available, but no amount of apt-get update is finding it. (Ubuntu Server 15)

Is this the same issue? Do I have to rebuild everything...??

Sidenote: is the /mediabrowser/ path not stored in one of the databases that could be changed by hand? SQLite, right?

hurricanehrndz

Not sure if this is related, but I'm getting the same error, along with one of these for each of my videos:

BaseItem: Unable to find linked item at path

The path listed exists, is readable by the "emby" user, and should be available as far as I can tell.

Also, I'm on emby 3.0.5621.3, but it says 3.0.5621.4 is available, but no amount of apt-get update is finding it. (Ubuntu Server 15)

Is this the same issue? Do I have to rebuild everything...??

Sidenote: is the /mediabrowser/ path not stored in one of the databases that could be changed by hand? SQLite, right?

It is related and yes you could update using sql. Also there is a post explaining updates, please refer to that. Edited by hurricanehernandez