DLNA Playback Sony TV's

thepixel

thepixel

Hi All

I'm running the latest beta version 3.0.5621.2, however this exists in the stable version as well

TV is BRAVIA KDL-40LX903

The issue is the same issue I have had for god knows how long, but I can see it has got slightly better with every new version, as in it's working slightly better.

The issue is as follows:

MP4 movies show correctly, as in you can see the file now, and no longer get just Cast & Crew Folder etc

When I go to play the file, the TV Screams at me saying "Playback Not Available"

Now I know my TV can play these files as I can put them on a USB Stick and also DNLA works fine through you're competitors software (Plex) Ideally I would love to have Emby working.........

Now I edited the Sony Bravia 2010 profile and added the following

Direct Play

Container - mp4

Video Codecs - h264,mpeg4

Audio Codecs - aac,ac3

Responses 

Container - mp4

Video Codec - all

Audio Codec - aac,ac3

Media Info:

Video
Codec H264
Profile Main
Level 40
Resolution 1920x1040
Aspect ratio 1.85:1
Anamorphic No
Interlaced No
Framerate 23.97599
Bitrate 5281 kbps
Bit depth 8 bit
Pixel format yuv420p
Ref frames 4
CABAC Yes

Audio
Language und
Codec AAC
Profile LC
Layout stereo
Channels 2 ch
Bitrate 156 kbps
Sample rate 48000 khz
Default Yes

However I still get the same issue

Now please let me know exactly what extra logs and software you wish me to run and I cna grab this for you.
Edited by thepixel

it sounds to me like the device doesn't like the video format. i am guessing some profile changes need to be made, but without having a bravia for testing i do not know what they are. that's the part where we really need a community member to push through it and get to the root of it. in the meantime, you might be able to force more direct play by upping the profile bitrate, and/or updating the direct play profiles.

unrelated - you can always disable the cast & crew features in the server dashboard under dlna, if you think it is presenting a problem for your device

• 1 year later...

The latest beta of Emby Server, 3.1.125, has numerous fixes for Sony Blu ray players from years 2013-2016. The changes will also be in the next stable release of Emby Server. Since I have a device for testing I am now able to test it fully and with the changes I've made everything is now playing perfectly.

It's possible that some of these improvements can be applied to older players or sony bravia tv's, but I do not have those devices available to test with, so for that I'll need to rely on community help. Enjoy.