How to get WMC recordings in Emby

lightsout

lightsout

I know I can just share the "recorded tv" folder but I would like to have metadata like the rest of my tv shows which are rips.

Do I need to get a program to rename and move the wtv files. Or is Emby able to grab metadata from these files without the proper folder structure?

lightsout

I did try that and out of 90 recordings they all failed. They were all colored red. I believe it can not read the naming convention that wmc records in. When I tried to manually "organize" a file within the auto organize section it was using "2015" as the season and episode number. Obviously that was the year so I believe that format doesn't work.

I'm surprised more people don't do this. Also I thought Emby was against facilitating downloading. Not that I care but had seen posts in the past that you guys would not create features to aid in downloading in any way.

• Like 1

If our auto organize won't do it well then Google "mce buddy"  I think that is probably what most people use.

lightsout

If our auto organize won't do it well then Google "mce buddy"  I think that is probably what most people use.

Thanks ebr I've messed with it a little in the past I'll look into it again.

politby

Filebot is much better than MCEbuddy if you are not looking for commercial skipping.