Emby for Kodi - in progress seems stuck....

SwanStream

SwanStream

So I don't really know if this is a kodi issue (much less this plug-in, but...)

So the 'in progress' tv shows listing seems stuck. What I mean is the list seems to be caught in a moment of time weeks ago and hasn't updated since with new shows that have been started.

I think the list shows episodes that were partially watched, but if the series has episodes that have been watched, and deleted in my case, but there are more episodes available in the library I thought those showed up as 'in progress' too. That's definitely not happening for me. Is something wrong or am I just mis-understanding the intent? If there's something amiss, what info can I provide to help track it down?

P.S. REALLY nice work on the new plug-in guys!

SpheriZe

In Progress TV Shows in Kodi are series' that have been partially watched. That is, at least one episode watched.

It uses the entries available to determine that. When you delete the episodes you delete the entries.

Edited by SpheriZe

SwanStream

It uses the entries available to determine that. When you delete the episodes you delete the entries.

That splains it!

Once @@xnappo sorted the delete after watch option, that's about when I started noticing this. SageTV had a, sometimes wonderful, sometimes infuriating, way of tracking shows (deleted or not) in the db so watched/like/dislike etc could be used powerfully regardless of the video file being removed. I now see how powerful that was for my type of viewing/discarding.

Thx.

xnappo

I agree with this - I use it the same way you do and hate how deleting stuff messes up both Kodi and Emby's 'NextUp' function.

SwanStream

Misery loves company!

I realize I'm an idiot and have no idea of what I speak... but... maybe there's a relatively clean work around as an option to delete? For instance, delete the original large video file and plug with an empty file of the same name/ext so the db data remains intact? (or some such trickery) It should be relatively simple house-keeping task to then delete all placeholders via a size/ext search manually when the mood strikes. Now and then I do a search for empty directories and clean them up too.... Tidy is as Tidy does. (refer back to the first 14 words now).... I'm just "thinking" out loud....