Intro error

mangis

mangis

Hi Guys

I can't seem to play anything through the web client when intros are enabled in the plugin. I have done a search but couldn't find anything already raised.

Using the internal IPs I get the error - Value cannot be Null. Parameter Name : Item and when using the web app I get - There was an error processing the request, Please try again later.

The intro is an MP4 encoded file and plays fine through MBC.

*edit* - I did just notice as well that I can't access plugin settings when I login via the web app. It only gives me the option to uninstall.

Thanks.

Edited by mangis

Are you saying that the same intro plays fine in MBC through the Intros feature?

• Like 1

mangis

Yep, Plays no problems at all.

Just tried with Emby Theater and that brings up the error 'There was an error processing the request' also.

Could be a setting at my end but not sure. The only other clients I have running at the moment are DLNA and Windows Phone but I didn't think either supported intros and they both play straight through to the movie fine.

I've tried adding the file with both absolute and UNC paths but neither works.

*edit* I have just tried it on IE11 on win10 and it just skips the intro and plays the movie unlike Firefox and Chrome. IE11 on my 8.1 MBC machine errors and asks for the WebM plugin instead of the other error.

Once again quite possibly I've overlooked something and it's just my setup.

Edited by mangis

• 3 weeks later...

And, like the OP, does it work properly in EMC or another app?

Sounds like it may be related to transcoding and/or access to the file.

I have the same problem.

It seems to only occur when you ask for a random trailer (file) from a directory.

If you ask for a specific intro file, then it works fine.

Yeah it seems they don't like to reply, good thing I got lifetime supporter.... lol.

I think they are probably waiting for your logs when the issue appears, otherwise they would just be guessing what the issue is.

If you are concerned about your public IP address, I recommend copying the file somewhere and doing a find-and-replace on whatever you don't wish to share. I use Notepad++ which makes it easy to do.

ejrodn1290

I'm having the same problem/ my MBC plays my intros setup, but want play the intros in none of the other DLNA devices.

I'm having the same problem/ my MBC plays my intros setup, but want play the intros in none of the other DLNA devices.

what devices specifically? we don't currently do intros with dlna.

ejrodn1290

what devices specifically? we don't currently do intros with dlna.

It would be Select Players like my: wireless router or flat screen tv......it had work before until after I had to reinstall my MB. I have notice when I reinstall the server, my folder went from MB Server to Emby Server. It would actually play the whole intro setup in any of my selected players which I thought was pretty nice.

Edited by ejrodn1290